Mods look at this please. SD must deal with these guys.

(Madan) #1

I couldn’t find an email to send to iD or Splash Damage…
This has to be stopped. These asshats have to be put out of business.

It was posted all over the PC Gamer forums and 1up forums. The hacks for other games already exist and they have QW in their sites.

QW is my one big hope for a fair game where I can pwn based on my skills and not be hit by some 12 year old noob that stole the credit card of out of his mom’s purse to buy that crap.

[url deleted - Wils]

A professional game hacking site. Hopefully a mod will pass this along to SD and they can pass it on to iD.

This isn’t good for the gaming community. Let’s squash this bug quick.

(Desoxy) #2

Well, there have been a few threads about the ‘cheater’-issue already.

I doubt SD/id will be able to do much, except for banning everyone using these hacks. Afaik cheating is not illegal and therefor cannot be prosecuted (I hope I’m wrong). I really hope PB etc. will be somewhat effective and due to the fact that ETQW is gonna be retail it won’t be so easy to get a new cd key for free… let’s hope for the best.

As it has always been said: The best protection will be a well adminned server.

(mortis) #3

I am sure that the developers and the mod community have been watching this issue unfold. It would be foolish for them to confirm or deny any anti-cheat efforts because stealth and obscufation are our best tools against haxors. If they were to know about specific counter-steps that were being taken, it would only make their work easier to accomplish. No matter how much protection you put in a game, some joker will find some way to evade it, so vigilant server admins are really the first line defense.