lighthouse map at playtest stage

(mrfin) #1

Hello mapping types

This little map is pretty much there - after some playtests and subsequent amends I’ll release it as a beta eta. 1st week in October.

See latest screenies on web page below

Thanks for help to those that gave it.

:cool:

(Magic) #2

Looking forward to see it.
The screenshots looks good.

(iwound) #3

thanks mrfin.look foward to it, and just in time for my birthday and i was only expecting socks!

(mike9977) #4

nice screens looks really kool, keep up the work =D

(mrfin) #5

Happy birthday Ken - make sure you get socks and trollies too

(iwound) #6

Cheers but no, no trollies but i could do with a fluffy Mr Do.

(mrfin) #7

lol - wtf. is a fluffy mr do!?

(fattakin) #8

looks lovely wee map, need it playtested we’d be happy to help, can lock and fill our server most nites!

(FireFly) #9

I Just had a look at your Homepage for the latest screenshots: you really have a good eye for detail and scene composition. Although the indoor areas are very detailed, they remind me of the battery map, but ín my opinion that’s just because you probably used the battery textures on that particular area: perhaps you could replace them with some custom textures? just a thought…
From the screenshots It looks like the map is small, fast & will be filled with action…

(mrfin) #10

Hi Firefly

custom textured bunkers - to be honest I decided that as far as bunker textures go the default ET textures are as good as you’re going to get and there was really no need to create others. Call me lazy on this one - guilty!

In fact when I started this map I decided to limit myself as much as possible to use game textures as a kind of discipline - file size considerations etc… Also the forms of the bunker are all of a likeness to battery - kind of makes sense to me. The originality, I thougt
would lie in the whole - setting the scene if you like.

It is a small map and might play wellI think it has individuality too, even if the bunkers are just a bit reminiscent of battery (which are the greatest virtual ww2 bunker I’ve seen so far)

I’m just about to invest in the latest photoshop and am looking forward to attempting new textures for my next mapping effort -

think I should get out more !!

great tram map btw. had a superb game in it yesterday.