Public Beta before the end of the year?

(McNeil_UK) #1

Recently reading an article published on Gamespy, Kevin Cloud comments on the chance of a public beta being released, but was unable to give an exact date. Upon reading this article which is dated August 3rd I have a question…

Is there likely for a QuakeWars public beta to become available by the end of 2006?

(Nail) #2

maybe

(eiM) #3

anything is possible :wink: you can never be sure… if they get some problems short before release it’s even possible that the releasedate could be pushed back again but it could even come out earlier … anything is possible =) , just think and hope for yourself

(jah) #4

it depends. do you still believe in santa?

J

(Rhoades) #5

On Christmas

(TheKaiser) #6

Private beta…as in you need to register and they pick the right people.

(Joe999) #7

if only there were some place to register for a private beta …

@SD: do you have any idea how bad it hurts an ET player’s heart when you post “More Production Testers needed!” on your frontpage with the limitation that you only take london/kent area residents? … this is pure torture! :moo:

(kamikazee) #8

At least you could have changed the title to “Production Tester from London needed”… :nag:

(Isabel Lucas) #9

I’d be pleased to do it but I’m not in London!!!

What the hell, if you’;re testing MP why does it matter where you are? Surely being a bit further away is a good test for the net code.

Al.

(Desoxy) #10

Same here, it’s really a shame since I currently don’t have much else to do - waiting for a confirmation to start civillian service - so much time goes to waste… :moo:

But I see the positive sides of having testers from London:

• The build does not leave the office.
  • They can actually ‘watch’ people playing the game without implementing anything into the game that would record such things as where the player looks.
  • They don’t have to worry about language problems (although this might only be a minor issue).
  • etc.

And in addition to that they are looking for ‘full-time’ testers - and you cannot expect people from the internet to test your game 24/7 (ok, some will… :nag: ). I’d really like to live in London and get to play/help improving Quake Wars day by day at the moment (maybe we should start a flat share :wink: ), but let’s all cross fingers for the beta finding its way out of SD-office before the end of the year.
:drink:

(Hakuryu) #11

If I move to London, can I get a job and sleep on the office floor til I make enough money to get a place? :stuck_out_tongue:

I think the reason they only want London area testers is because it is much easier to sit down and talk, and show any possible bugs face to face, rather than have to try and decipher an email or phone call.

The tank gets stuck on level X when you drive over the hump of ground by the big green building. (phone call)

vs

Watch what happens when I drive the tank over this spot…

(Slime) #12

I also got nothing else to do. Just played Archlord beta to kill the time but I already deleted it because it sucked :-(. Watching the console wars on message boards all day long isn’t fun either. The waiting for ET:QW(beta and full game) and the Wii is killing me from the inside.

I need a time machine.

(taken) #13

I really hope we get a demo or a beta before 2007, im working on “quakewars.no” and it would be nice to get some Quake Wars handon soon :smiley:

Maybe it’s London-only 'cause there won’t be any lag because of the local net thing or something like that :stuck_out_tongue:

(digibob) #15

I’d be pleased to do it but I’m not in London!!!

What the hell, if you’;re testing MP why does it matter where you are? Surely being a bit further away is a good test for the net code.

Al.

Because commuting to our offices from say… australia, would be a little expensive.

The playtesting positions are for people coming to our offices and working here, not people connecting from their own houses.

(SenF|Doddsy) #16

Not that I can apply for the testers positions (unless you can match my current salary), but I would be interested in knowing where in bromley you are based? I only ask as I live in the Hayesford Park area of Bromley only 3/4 mile from Bromley South… totally off topic of course…

(Wils) #17

Here’s a somewhat oblique view of our office, circa 1990:

(Joe999) #18

i suddenly feel the urge of faking a crowd into that pic, a crowd with “give us a quake wars demo” signs n such :moo:

(digibob) #19

Wow, no bridge, that just looks odd.

(Joe999) #20

google earth link please :slight_smile: