Quake Wars dreams

(fattakin) #1

OK ive had enouigh, ive just had to get out of bed as my head is going crazy. I have a pretty bad cold so spent yesterday afternoon reading ‘for whom the bells toll’ by earnest hemmingway - about an american in spain, during the civil war, send over to blow up a bridge. Managed 150 pages!

Very heavy night with the cold, taking paracetamol & cough medicine. Have dreams about said bridge but of course its all rendered in QW graphics and its me and my ET buddies going to blow it up - Anti Aircraft guns are choppered in, im sneakin about laying the charges - no sign of any strogg or enemies tho.

My fiancee goes to work and i settle down for some sleep - since 8 this morning i have been replaying the same scenes over in my head, getting more and more detailed each time , the limbo screen is now being shown and i can see exact animations from the various QW videos.

Reminded me of nites after heavy LAN parties when you close your eyes and see ET for hours!

(Grey Matter) #2

Sounds like your suffering from ET:QW ESP sleep disorder.
I too have often had the ET dreams but i will have to wait and play ET:QW before i dream im in game and then wake up thinken i need to go back to sleep to finish the map lol

Maybe your still dreaming and you never posted that?

(Desoxy) #3

Hehe, I see that I’m not the only one having weird dreams about ETQW and other games - especially when I have a fever… :smiley:

Sometimes I even dream of new games, strange mixtures of genres which yet seem to be familiar … if these games are ever to be released I can call myself medium. :weird:

Yea, it’s really strange what games can do to your mind if you have too excessive LAN parties, you keep hearing sounds and stuff. The weirdest thing ever happened to me was after 30 hours without sleep. I believed I couldn’t doze off alone because at the CnC: Renegade MP-Demo (which was actually fun over LAN … internet is a different story :disgust: ) you could neither move nor do anything else until one player had joined the other side. I even kept reading something like ‘Need 1 additional player before game’s commencing.’… :moo:

(Tron-) #4

What if the posting is a dream and the war is real?

Maybe he’s actually fighting in the war against the Strogg, and to cope his mind gives him dreams of a time before they came to Earth when people didn’t have to worry about such things. :smiley:

(digibob) #5

If this is the world he has created, I feel sorry for him :uhoh:

(Grey Matter) #6

He knows its not real cos when he wakes up and gets out of bed he steps in a pile of fresh tapir poop :smiley:

(Shanks) #7

You’re all weird.

(fattakin) #8

im afraid to go to sleep tonight, watched Laputa : castle in the sky this afternoon so i wonder how thats going to get involved in my dreams!!

(_shady) #9

I had a dream that Splash Damage released ET: Quake Wars.

(Desoxy) #10

I’m sure that was a good one… :wink:

(jjpron) #11

I too have QW dreams. Although my first game-related dreams were set in the Doom 2 universe.

(darki) #12

never had any gamebased dreams… :<

(carnage) #13

If this is the world he has created, I feel sorry for him

this is the world that you have created for him!!!

(Wils) #14

I once had a dream about an infinitely long cuboid. It was translucent grey, and stretched off into the distance. No matter how I turned my head, I couldn’t seem to look into the distance to see where it went - it always stretched off to the upper right of my vision. It never occurred to me to turn left.

I woke up when I tried to split it with the clip tool :confused:

(mortis) #15

setstate wils default

Was it sized in a power of 2?

(ouroboro) #16

Death (as in the supernatural entity) came to me in a dream just recently. He was an extremely tall and thin African-American man, mid 40’s, in a beautiful black tuxedo with white ruffled shirt, the cuffs of which were all puffy and protruding from his jacket sleeves. He had a hooked wooden cane hanging over his left forearm, and in his left hand he held a large black tophat. In my dream I awoke to see him standing at the foot of my bed, leaning in towards towards me with an outstretched right hand, about to touch my left chest with his index finger (presumably to stop my heart). He had a wide cheshire-cat smile on his face, full of nice white teeth. He looked me straight in the eye and said “well now” in a pleasant, mellow southern-American accent. I tried to kick him away but my feet went through him . . .

That’s when I woke up, feet flailing and making a strange sound I’d never heard myself make before; a pathetic, desperate sound.

I was creeped out all that day, and actually had some mild chest pains. :eek2:

True story™.

(jjpron) #17

Sounds like somebody’s been trying to play Daggerfall.

(SniperSteve) #18

Sounds like somebody maps too much. :smiley:

(El Stupido) #19

What type of cough medicine? xD