My Thoughts

(Wampes) #1

Well, I heard you are makin the expansion pack, so I wanted to know if you will take Market Garden in it? It’s a great map, a little bit unbalanced(just like tram), but fun like hell. So, we could see more servers running this fantastic map(upgrade it a bit to more balance).
I saw your 2 maps, both are very big. Plz don’t make every map so huge. I also want to see somethin like castle and sub.
I read some previews about the expansion. My 2 cents to the features which were mentioned. Great, that bots are on the way, but don’t make them to clever. There should be some noob bots, too. :smile: Ten Splash Damage maps, sounds also awesome.
But I have to say, that a spy class is not a great idea. Plz don’t put this in :sad:.

gogogo splash damage :smile:
(do yourselves a favour and read the posts on the planetwolfenstein.com board carefully, the ppl there can help you to improve the game we all love)

(LaVaGoD) #2

Hmmm Not sure my thoughts on the spy class but why do you think it would not be a good idea?

(Wampes) #3

because i am wondering how this class can be integrated without ruining the game…
they have these and other possibilities

• spy appears with no name when pointing on him(well, he is pretty useless and dead)
  • spy gets the identity of the enemy, from whom he got the uniform(well, then this guy will say it his team, and the spy is dead)
  • disabling all the names(well, than the spy class is too good, but i want to see the names and where my comrades are)
    maybe there are other possibilities too, but i think it will be a bad/useless idea(i want it simpy, 4 classes are enough imo)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wampes on 2002-05-28 22:46 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wampes on 2002-05-28 22:47 ]</font>

(Captain) #4

The spy feature is certainly going to make things interesting -

It may also be my only concern with ET

the amount of Tk’s N00bs to the game commit when people are in the same uniform can be bad on some servers lol

can u imagine the public servers with spy class enabled??? eek

ok - so maybe the clan servers will be ok - but Rtcw wasnt made with the intention of being clan only surely.

I realise i’m not helping by giving an answer here - And I have faith that what you decide to include or onit will be fully in due accordance to give the game balance.

Perhaps an optional cvar?

anyway

'CaP

(AtomiQue) #5

On clan matches people can just say in roger wilco (for example) “Hey, he killed me there, disguised and running there” :confused: