How to use q3map2 2.5.16

(Flippy) #1

Hey,

This may seem like a stupid question… but i just download q3map2 2.5.16 (im trying to get dot2product blending to work (im a noob in this :stuck_out_tongue: ) and a thread said to download the latest version…

so, i did… and now i stopped to wonder…

what the hell do i do with it?

Do i replace all the files with the ones in the gtk radiant folder?

The readme says "To use, read the manual (where is the manual? :S ), visit the forums (im doing that now, but cant find anything so i make a post), or visit irc channel (dont have irc)

(kamikazee) #2

[ul]
[li]Take a look at the Q3Map2 zip file and see what files are in there.
[/li][li]Go to your GTKRadiant install dir (Mostly c:\program files\GTKRadiant 1.4.0
[/li][li]Backup the files with the same name as those in the zip file, then place the new files in that directory
[/li][li]You should now be able to compile using your new q3map
[/li][/ul]

(Flippy) #3

hmm i tried that… now when i try to open gtk radiant it says
“Can’t find entrypoint from procedure libiconv_set_reloaction_prefix in DLL file iconv.dll” (roughly translated from dutch)

ill try to reinstall and try again

(Flippy) #4

tried it again, exaclty as you say, and it didnt work… (same error)

(kamikazee) #5

Strange - the zip file should include the right dll’s - or didn’t you extract the complete zip?

I must say that I opened the zip and saw quite some files. If you want to keep your original Q3Map2 for GTKRadiant, extract the q3map2 zip into another dir and use a compiler frontend like Q3Map2Build to use that one. (You could change the q3map2 location in GTKRadiant otherwise, but don’t ask me where)

(Shaderman) #6

Use an external tool like Q3map2Toolz.

(Flippy) #7

Right, i used Q3map2Build to compile and it compiled fine… however, when i try to load the map it says wrong version (46 instead of 47 i think, dont remember exactly)

err…?

(Shaderman) #8

You compiled for a wrong game then (46 should be RTCW IIRC).

(Flippy) #9

hm… will try that again later then…

next i tried Q3map2 Toolz

compiled fine, map loaded, but somehow the game cant find the caulk texture (:S) and it cant find other random textures… (some custom textures work, some standard + custom textures dont…)

(Flippy) #10

ok… tried q3map2 build again, turned out i had “-game “wolfet”” while it should have been “-game “et””
worked now… :slight_smile: thnx for the help

(obsidian) #11

BTW, if you need help with alphaMod dp and volume terrain, see Sock’s great terrain tutorial:

http://simland.planetquake.gamespy.com/pages/articles/terrain1_1.htm