Warbell playtest #7- admins/referees/mappers invited

(]UBC[ McNite) #1

YES it is finally time for the

Warbell Private Playtest #7 on July 14th

which hopefully will be the last playtest.
Main goal of this playtest is to hunt down the bugs (if there are any left at all) and find the last glitches and graphic things that need improvement. Also with this playtest we are an offering exclusive preview of Warbell.

We are looking for league admins, league referees, server admins of popular servers and experienced mappers with a good eye for map design who would like to participate. If you meet the requirements plz let me know, you ll get the server password by pm.

Organizational Facts:
day: Friday 14th of July
time: 4pm Texas/Winnipeg / 5pm NY / 10pm UK / 11pm Stockholm/Hamburg / 8am (on saturday) Melbourne
server: ]UBC[ |TheRiver| 6maps
IP: 194.105.135.3:27960
pw: will be sent to you with a pm

Plz note that the test is PRIVATE and the mapfile you ll get from the server will be a CLIENTSIDE FILE. It is not hostable on any server, not even locally.

Story:
Axis are trying to mess in the occult again, and do real nasty things. Allied special forces took over the occult site in a raid. Now the Axis attack to get back control over the old Abbey and finally raise the evil Wargod. Allies are on the mission to save the world from this of course :smiley:

Core facts:
2 stages, Axis attacking, 18 mins timelimit, spawntimes are 15/20, designed in slight favour for the attackers, constant 76 FPS everywhere, nighttime setting but bright enough for visibility of enemies, overall mapsize is a bit bigger than supplydepot2.

Playerloads and Gameflow:
from 3on3 (real tough) to 10on10 (happy fragging), does offer enough space for happy large-scale fraggin too. Very playable for 6on6.
Playtests we had with up to 18 players provided us with amazingly challenging and tough games and a captivating gameflow. The stages are defendable, but with a balance that allows attackers to overcome the defense in some waves.

Environment:
medium open terrain with sufficient cover for the attackers, some nice caves, and 2 building areas (a guardhouse and an abbey).

First stage:

• gain access to the Guardhouse (2 access routes: caves and terrain)
  • maybe slip through the teamdoors with stolen uniforms
  • capture the flag or destroy the main gate (secures forward spawn)

Second stage:

• get access to the Abbey (3 entrances: 2 dynamitable + 1 satchelable, none of them rebuildable)
  • take an objective from the Guardhouse and deliver it in the Abbey
  • repair a bell mechanism in the Abbey
  • ring the bell (after you built the mechanism AND after you delivered the objective)
  • do the final 3 objectives (not gonna give them away yet)
  • optional: forward spawn at a neutral command post

Check out pictures here.

(=SC=Beef) #2

Hit me up brother :slight_smile:

(]UBC[ McNite) #3

Welcome to the fun then Beef :smiley: will send you a pm tomorrow.

(DAbell) #4

I would be interested also if you can also let me know if its just this map or if other customs are required to download first.

Thanks

<DJ>

(]UBC[ McNite) #5

Whether you are going to download all the customs we have on our server actually depends on your ET settings.
On the test will just be Warbell - Testversion 7, and that s the only file ppl usually download for the test.

edit: We run ETPro 3.2.4 and etadmin_mod with killing spree sounds… so you ll need them too. But i think everybody has them anyways.

(=SC=Beef) #6

Darn McNite no pm needed. Made some last minuite plans =( ill have a beer on you

(Pytox) #7

Can i still join this playtest? :slight_smile:

(]UBC[ McNite) #8

Darn McNite no pm needed. Made some last minuite plans =( ill have a beer on you

Too bad… You missed a damn big load of fun :cool:
We had extensive testing for about 3 hours, with up to 26 players on the server.

(to the testers: plz post feedback and your impressions in the “development thread”)

(Pytox) #9

I have nothing to post for feedback, it was just a good map on playtest :slight_smile: