I was wondering...

(Detritus) #1

Is it possible to have the option to file a complaint for team killing by land mine removed?

There have been a couple of occasions now where I have been kicked by the server after having too many complaints filed against me. It’s not too kind on the xp gained either.

I can’t see this being detrimental to the game in any way as it’s not as if it’s easy to purposely team kill with land mines, though I’m sure some have tried. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, another thing. How about some kind of noise or click to signal when someone has typed a message? I find it very easy to keep missing them.

(sock) #2

At the moment there is no plans to remove the complaint system from team mates being killed by their own Landmines.

This is something which showed up in the beta test alot and was very frustrating because 3 compliants can build up quickly over 3 matches. I believe the limit was raised to 6. Players are going to have to learn how to recognise landmine markers and not put landmines in awkward places for their own team. There is no perfect solution to this issue unfortunately.

Sock
:moo:

(wudan) #3

On some maps you can plant mines on your own team’s spawn area, and therefore could just kill your own team without much problem. Removing the ability to complain would be a bad idea.

I’m getting annoyed by these kinds of requests, actually.

The strength of such a game, and any team based game, really, is freedom of choice. You have a variety of skills, classes, and weaponry at your disposal, but you can’t do everything by yourself all at once. Each player has the same freedom, and the key to victory is making the decision to work together, and applying your skills. Removing options to complain, call votes, or run off and do stupid things would result in a cataclysmic loss of the core dynamic elements of this game.

And so we see the nature of our existence mirrored in a game - alway willing to trade another’s freedom, but never willing to give up our own. You should be careful with your mine placement, pick it as carefully as you pick your shots. You must remember that other players have the same freedoms and responsibilities, and there is always the chance they might not see your mine, or they might see it and try to see if they can leap over it. They might complain, they might not.

(skinner) #4

perhaps a new ‘remove last comlaint’ vote would be good so if yor team disagree with the complaint they can overrule it

Honda RC164

(Detritus) #5

That’s a fair point about people placing mines on spawn areas. One I hadn’t considered. But couldn’t they be quickly voted off?

Brining this subject back into the realms of a 'computer game!’. In public play it IS an issue when you get voted off a server by someone who does not yet know entirely what they are doing. I’m hoping time will remove this problem naturally.

I’m happy with the complaint system. I think it’s a superb idea and at no point did I suggest removing it completely from the game.
I don’t think there is any such thing as a perfect solution though, but there are perhaps ways of limiting how the game can be spoiled by others, sometimes this needs to be seen as ‘the lesser of two evils’.

I was simply airing an issue so it can be open to public debate and maybe a solution can be reached. I don’t see how anyone can be annoyed at such a thread.

Anyway, thanks for the swift response sock and for such a great game.

(wudan) #6

True, time will tell, supposedly there’s a way for an admin to set a minimum GUID age for a server, so eventually we won’t be burdened with carrying a team along, with at least half the team spamming the chat with “how do i put colors in my name” …

I think it is getting better though, the last 2 days I’ve had the best games EVER, getting level 4 in 4 different fields in regular campaign play :slight_smile:

(Detritus) #7

I had no idea you could do that!! I’ll try to arrange for one of the savageUK servers to trial that as an ‘advanced server’.
:banana:

(Detritus) #8

I’ve been looking all over and I can’t seem to find any settings that have anything to do with GUIDage.
Does anyone know? :???: