Map wont load anymore in radiant

(Flippy) #1

omfg…
i hope its just some bug or anything…
but my map wont open anymore (in radiant)

it loads like it usually does after i click Open and select it, then it waits a little and gives me “unnamed.map”

I checked in the directory and the map is still there, 1.3 MB large, as it was before…

All other maps work fine…

it happened after i opened radar to see how they done something… and now i cant open it anymore :frowning: :angry: :banghead: :bash:

Any clue as to how this could have happened / how to solve it?
appreciated VERY much, as it was the first map i was hoping to finish and it was coming allong really well…

(kamikazee) #2

GTKRadiant has a console with various text output, please scroll trough it to see if there are eny errors there.

(In case you can’t find the console, please tell us which layout you are using, eg the 3 x 2D + camera layout)

(Flippy) #3

Ok i found the error, dont know how to fix it tho…

in the console it says at the end

No worldspawn in map.
Map_New

How do i re-add the worldspawn when i cant open it? :???:
Do i have to open the map with text editor and then set a “worldspawn” key to each brush which is supposed to be worldspawn? :???: thats gonna take a while lol…

Oh btw it also says:

FIXME: name == NULL || strlen(name) == 0 in QERApp_Shader_ForName

In red, about 10 times…
After that it loads the shader files
then the error No worldspawn in map. comes up

(kamikazee) #4

Make a backup of your map file, then open the original using a plaintext text editor.
Each brush is part of an entity, and the first entity should be worldspawn. Simply renaming the first entity could do the trick, but do check if it looks like it was the worldspawn entity. (It has mostly got mapmincoords and mapmaxcoords keys)

(Flippy) #5

ah i see all brushes in worldspawn are under 1 “name” (worldspawn)

looks in text editor

Ok it seems that i accidently changed my worldspawn to a func_door :moo:
I fixed it now and i can load it again…

could there be any problems later on though? for example one of my func_doors not working… (i checked a few and they were still func_door (in radaint)) and the ground etc was still worldspawn…)

Anyway thnx for the help :smiley:
my map is saved!! :clap:

(onu123) #6

yep easy way it is to open your MAP file with notepad, or anything other and change the first brush/entity to:
// entity/brush 0
{
“classname” “worldspawn”

(pakalatak) #7

this error is “classic”. You should keep older version of your “.map” in order to be able to undo stupid changes or some crash (it helps a lot) :beer:

(dubie4x8) #8

OMG I JUST MADE AN ACCOUNT JUST TO THANK YOU!!! LITERALLY JUST SAVED ME SO MANY HOURS UPON HOURS OF MY LIFE!!!
I was almost about to turn away from making more maps after this happened because I was so bummed out that I wasted all that time for nothing, but now I can finish up my first map and play it with my friends like I originally planned! YOU FREAKING ROCK YOU HAVE NO IDEA!

-FYI if anyone runs into a similar problem, I used a program called “Sublime Text (3)” to edit the worldspawn text mentioned above^ You can use Notepad, but this makes it a little easier to see where everything in the file is.

(dubie4x8) #9

Also shout out to this being posted literally a decade later from the OG post lol. Thank goodness for these old archived fourms!

(Mateos) #10

Do you use the most recent GtkRadiant version? ^^’