Enemy Territory map posters

(Papagali) #1

Hi people,
I’ve been playing ET for a while now and I’ve seen many a great map out there so kudos to all you people making my game so much fun.
One thing I’ve always found is that the posters in most maps are always the same ones coming back.
With this in mind I’ve made my version of several vintage WW2 posters with an ET twist.
Have a look at them here.
If there’s anything in there you would like to use, feel free to contact me for size and format issues.
Please don’t use them without contacting me, a lot of work went into them and as mappers you all know how that goes! :wink:
One more thing: 3 of the posters were shaped after an idea from the ChickenBucket (Engi, Lawyer and Field ops). Couldn’t find a credit for them, so to the maker: thank you for the great inspiration. :notworthy:

(The Birdman) #2

God my wife would love some of those anti ET posters lol.

(kamikazee) #3

Nice work. I think I won’t use them soon, but they’re sure worth linking at. :smiley:

(Gnoun) #4

Very nice posters :clap:

(fattakin) #5

Some of those had me laughing out loud in the office, gg!!

You should show them in General Discussion for visability, people would love em!

(Papagali) #6

:skull:
Thanks for the great comments, guys!

(mortis) #7

very nice, indeed

(Northerner) #8

awesome posters bud!
nice to see someone get creative with photoshop!

(HaBLS) #9

Tasian (map maker) made the Chicken Bucket map and asked members of the Chicken Bucket community to create signs and posters for his map. Many have personal injokes or refences for the community but Old WWII posters where used

One more thing: 3 of the posters were shaped after an idea from the ChickenBucket (Engi, Lawyer and Field ops). Couldn’t find a credit for them, so to the maker: thank you for the great inspiration

That would be Tasian for the Map
As for the Images:
Most of the members of the Chicken Bucket
Including ME

These are the people who gave you the idea to take some posters and change the fonts on them.
Real credit should go to these guys FIRST unless they have been taken from other ideas… oh wait thats the internet…

http://www.chickenbucket.com/postnuke/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=1626&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=90[/quote]

(Nail) #10

The lads and ladies at the Bucket do a great job promoting the game as fun, well run server and forums, they run and promote many custom maps, and thankfully have a good bunch of refs and admins

/end blatant plug for buddies

(Papagali) #11

As I said, thank you for the inspiration: full credit to you for the 3 maps. :clap:
The Chickenbucket is a great site and server. You people didn’t give me the idea to change posters’ fonts and content, but you sure were and are still inspiring! Props to you all! :drink:

(D3C0Y) #12

briliant work… I might be inclined to ask for some of those in the future :smiley:

(Papagali) #13

It seems my bandwith at the site is used up… :huh:
I’ll set up another site with new links asap. Never go with the freebies! :rolleyes:

(Bravo) #14

All I see is a ‘fart button’ which I dont think it is wise to press tbh

(iwound) #15

Great posters , will defo use these, maybe do some Quake Wars ones. I might hav a go myself. good work

(Browser [ICE]) #16

Funny, when trying to get to that link, all I get is :

Freewebs Site Temporarily Frozen
We are sorry, this site is unavailable because it has used up its monthly bandwidth. Please try back another time.

If you are the site owner, you can signup for additional bandwidth by logging into your Freewebs account, or change your bandwidth freeze settings from your My Account area.

(psyco_mario) #17

you dont have too,

in the freewebs setting thing for your site, set the bandwith as ad sponseored, or summin like that,
when your bandwith runs out, ads get put on to support it

(Bravo) #18

wth does the fart button do?

And…has anyone here been daft enough to press it?

(=SC=Beef) #19

Not me… :lookaround:

nice poster, ill make sure to use some

(Papagali) #20

Dunno where you went to get that fart button, Bravo :skull:
Freewebs can’t cope with the amount of attention the posters got, much to my surprise.
I’m moving all to some other site where bandwith should be unlimited. I’ll update asap!
Sorry for the inconvenience, guys! :moo:
And the site is set to get sponsoring, Mario, but I got some 1.8 gigs worth of bandwith, guess freewebs isn’t suited for this kind of traffic unless you pay up…