Warbell playtest - admins/referees/mappers/SD staff invited

(]UBC[ McNite) #1

Warbell Private Playtest #6 on July 8th

Warbell is the map we are currently working on, and as we have done most of the things now, and tweaked gameplay with the feedback of 4 playtests, we are now looking for league admins, league referees, server admins of popular servers and experienced mappers with a good eye for gameflow and map design who would like to participate in our 6th (and probably last) playtest.
The map is designed with SW in mind, and already fair and balanced with slight favour for the attackers (Axis).
The questions for this playtest are: are we at 85, 90 or 95% gameflow perfection,and how can we improve it? Is the mapdesign cool, does it create a good atmosphere, and is everything looking nice and neat too?

Organizational Facts:
check my post further down

Story:
Axis are trying to mess in the occult again, and do real nasty things. Allied special forces took over the occult site in a raid. Now the Axis attack to get back control over the old Abbey and finally raise the evil Wargod. Allies are on the mission to save the world from this of course :smiley:

Core facts:
2 stages, Axis attacking, 18 mins timelimit, spawntimes are 15/20, designed in slight favour for the attackers, constant 76 FPS everywhere, nighttime setting but bright enough for visibility of enemies, overall mapsize is a bit bigger than supplydepot2.

Playerloads and Gameflow:
from 3on3 (real tough) to 10on10 (happy fragging), does offer enough space for happy large-scale fraggin too. Very playable for 6on6.
Playtests we had with up to 18 players provided us with amazingly challenging and tough games and a captivating gameflow. The stages are defendable, but with a balance that allows attackers to overcome the defense in some waves.

Environment:
medium open terrain with sufficient cover for the attackers, some nice caves, and 2 building areas (a guardhouse and an abbey).

First stage:

• gain access to the Guardhouse (2 access routes: caves and terrain)
  • maybe slip through the teamdoors with stolen uniforms
  • capture the flag or destroy the main gate (secures forward spawn)

Second stage:

• get access to the Abbey (3 entrances: 2 dynamitable + 1 satchelable, none of them rebuildable)
  • take an objective from the Guardhouse and deliver it in the Abbey
  • repair a bell mechanism in the Abbey
  • ring the bell (after you built the mechanism AND after you delivered the objective)
  • do the final 3 objectives (not gonna give them away yet)
  • optional: forward spawn at a neutral command post

Check out pictures here.

We are not going to release betas for public testing, so this is the only way for interested ppl to have a playtest and give input. The mapfile used in the playtest will be a clientside file, and NOT be hostable locally or on any server except ours.

(thefatladysings) #2

I would like to help you playtest the map, I’m not really a great mapper, but most of the time I can see wether the map is fair or that it needs a bit of tweaking.

(kamikazee) #3

I will see if I have the time, as I mostly do some training with my clan on saturday.
The map sounds interesting enough. :wink:

(psyco_mario) #4

i will try and come! :slight_smile:

(Popcorn) #5

I plan on coming. :slight_smile:

(Jaquboss) #6

we are now looking for league admins, league referees, server admins of popular servers and experienced mappers with a good eye for gameflow

just keep that in mind

(psyco_mario) #7

Thats why im coming :slight_smile:

Im a server admin and experienced mapper! :smiley:

(]UBC[ McNite) #8

Here we go… tonight is playtest time!!! :smiley:

First of all: thx to thefatladysings, kamikazee, psyco_mario and popcorn for offering help in testing.

Only, we are looking for very detailed feedback on the gameplay, and that is why I only invited kamikazee for this playtest (check your pm’s).
We are far beyond the stage of finding out about balance or fairness, and have been discussing the details for the last 2 maptests already with experienced competition gamers and mappers. That s why I think that from the “signups” only kamikazee has the experience to really contribute or help improving the gameplay.

We ll hold a last “hunt the bugs and glitches” playtest before the release, and I ll invite lady, mario and popcorn for that one of course. Hope you are ok with that.

(thefatladysings) #9

Ok, have fun with the playtest :smiley:

(=SC=Beef) #10

It says admins/mappers

I havent finished my map yet :stuck_out_tongue: but i AM and admin! can i come :smiley:

(psyco_mario) #11

Haha, i think you might qualify as a mapper,

it starts soon, so just turn up :slight_smile:

(=SC=Beef) #12

blargh pw :stuck_out_tongue:

(psyco_mario) #13

[quote=]UBC[ McNite]

Only, we are looking for very detailed feedback on the gameplay, and that is why I only invited kamikazee for this playtest (check your pm’s).
We are far beyond the stage of finding out about balance or fairness, and have been discussing the details for the last 2 maptests already with experienced competition gamers and mappers. That s why I think that from the “signups” only kamikazee has the experience to really contribute or help improving the gameplay.

We ll hold a last “hunt the bugs and glitches” playtest before the release, and I ll invite lady, mario and popcorn for that one of course. Hope you are ok with that.[/quote]

aww man, i just noticed this post :bored:

(Pytox) #14

Maybe you could try the whole evening guessing the correct pw :clap: :smiley:

(thefatladysings) #15

yeah, and when you’re finally in the server you just see a big AXIS WIN! and lots of v55’s :smiley:

(psyco_mario) #16

lol

(]UBC[ McNite) #17

Its finally time for the

6th (and probably last) Playtest of Warbell

We are again looking for league admins, league referees, server admins of popular servers and experienced mappers with a good eye for gameflow or mapdesign who would like to participate in this playtest.

day: Saturday 8th of July
time: 3pm Texas/Winnipeg / 4pm NY / 9pm UK / 10pm Stockholm/Hamburg / 7am (on sunday) Melbourne
server: ]UBC[ |TheRiver| 6maps
IP: 194.105.135.3:27960
pw: (will pm that to those invited on saturday, among with the other details needed)

Clans invited
]UBC[, =FBF=, B|D and M8D

All participants need teamspeak for easy communication.

Main testing is about spotting things that look weird or could be improved.
Suggestions for improving the gameplay are welcome too of course.

(EB) #18

Count me in for 1 reservation…will there be refreshments ? :stuck_out_tongue: