Changing classes during a campaign

(Wicky) #1

Why didn’t you include it, that one can carry some skills over when changing classes?
Like, that a 4-stars engineer would retain his flak-jacket after becoming a medic. Or, like that a 4-stars field ops would still be able to detect disguised enemies after changing class to an engineer.
Doesn’t this make it pointless to change classes during a campaign, except for hunting high-ranks, when you keep nothing from your previous class?

Wicky

(WolfWings) #2

Yeah, I kinda assumed the L4 abilities would be kept from one class to another, because they tend to be self-focussed abilities, like the medics adrenaline syringe, or the engineers flak jacket, or the field ops spy-detection, or even the soldiers extra-heavy-weapon (which would be a godsend for CovertOps, even if they couldn’t fire them while disguised, imagine trying to detect a CovOps carrying a panzer, you wouldn’t wonder why he didn’t fire at the enemy, for instance. :slight_smile: Hell, imagine a medic with the covert-ops instant-kill and full-revive. Probably wouldn’t touch medpacks again as long as they lived. Stab-needle-AskForAmmo.

As you can see, I thought through later why it would be a pain in the ass to balance having the abilities hold over. It would be cool, but I doubt it’s feasable, so, yeah, we won’t see the highest-rank players on servers generally, even during 6-map campaigns.

(sock) #3

Umm not sure what this has to do with editing ET but the odd tangent is fine I suppose.

I personal switch classes in the middle of a comapaign if the team requires it. If in order to complete the objectives the team needs more engineers then I will switch. Letting L4 skills spill over into other classes would only unbalance the game. The L4 skills are not reset when you move between classes so when you go back all your skills remain until the end of the campaign.

Sock
:moo:

(Womprat) #4

hmm I thought (in the beta atleast) you did keep the skills across classes. I remember in the beta being a medic with 4 lvls of feild ops and spies still showed up as “disguised enemy”. Dunno maybe it’s been changed. Then again maybe I was just delusional :smiley: