Fireteam Features / Mechanics in QW

(INQUE) #1

Hi Guys,

First time poster here, I would just want to ask about how Fireteams would work in ET:QW.

I’ve done searches about this in the forums and I haven’t read any posts on how Fireteams will work this time around QW. I apologize if this topic has been discussed before.

Anyways, my questions are that how are the mechanics of a Fireteam in the game and what are the advantages of joining one? Will you be able to spawn on the team leader and have a sperate channel of VOIP in the Fireteam.

Clearly I’ve been playing alot of BF2 (and will be soon dropping it because of nemerous bugs and crazy gameplay tweaks) and I find the squad feature very useful to promote teamplay in pubs. I would just want to know if this kind of feature will be available to QW.

(ParanoiD) #2

We dont know anything about it yet… Probably the same way as in ET i would say to set it up, very easy. Maybe there will be a fireteam only voip chat button or so? No idea about that.

(B0rsuk) #3

I change my tactics and classes dynamically, and many ET maps discourage going together (via same entrance). You know, panzers, rifle grenades etc. All three Old City entrances on Oasis are very tight, so I don’t see much point in using fireteam.
I have high hopes for ET:QW map design. Less bottlenecks = it’s viable for several people to go together. On the other hand, there could be ‘virtual’ bottlenecks - paths most people would prefer because they’re closes to cover, trees, rocks etc. Large open areas tend to be death zones in W:ET as well.
Less bottlenecks = game is harder to degenerate into medic duel fest. At the moment it’s often hard for 2+ people to help each other (2 people shoot at the same target)… passages are so tight, hitboxes are misleading and you don’t really want to shoot your teammate in his back.

(INQUE) #4

Thanks for the heads up guys.

If the devs are ready to talk about the Fireteam mechanics, please don’t forget my Thread :slight_smile: