Quake Wars 'Community' Site

(Fab) #1

I am starting up a quake wars community site. The design has been finalised and coding and content production are currently underway. My long term goal is for this site to be fully community run i.e. updates, moderating and the general day to day running of the site to be done by ‘responsible’ community members. I am here to ask how viable you think this idea is and your thoughts on the idea.

I am not doing this to get out of doing the work myself. I would happily keep the site updated on my own, but I want it to take a different approach than the countless other community sites that are floating around. People who are passionate about the game coming together to provide one of the best quake wars resources on the net.

Let me know your thoughts and any ideas you might have.

Thanks
	Fab

(Lanz) #2

Ok, I have fever and a flu atm so maybe you’ll have a hard time to understand me at the moment. But one thing in general I’ve been thinking about is, how come so many people want to run community sites without actually knowing if the game will be something they’ll play for the next comming years? I can understand if gamespy creates a planet qw or whatever because they’re a company making money from it but for people doing it out of love for a game they haven’t played?

I understand for a community site to be succesfull it needs to be started early, get lots of attention from the community and generally accepted but with the risk of the game letting you down thus closing the site 2 weeks after release seems a bit well yeah…

back to bed sniff.

(Fab) #3

“I understand for a community site to be succesfull it needs to be started early”. To be honest that sums it up. However i have bought and played almost every mainstream first person shooter released in the last 4 years and so far Quake Wars has me more excited than any other, i just cant wait. The details tho scetchy and far between seem to show a game that is going to be groundbreaking. If the final product is half as good as its sounding then there will be no doubt that i will play it for the next ‘x years’. Also if you wait till the release every decent domain name with the words “quake wars” in it will be taken.

ps. get well soon :slight_smile: