Infantry or Vehicular?

(Snipeydope) #1

Is the game going to be Infantry combat dominant ( a la ET) or vehicle combat dominant (a la BF2)? Because I hope it’s the former. You can’t move 3 foot on foot on BF2 with ending up looking up at the sky, being told that you were blown away by some tank which you couldn’t even see. And that is my main worry about ET:QW: How will vehicles be managed?

Will it be like BF2 where the vehicles respawn every so often and you just get people waiting at spawn for a vehicle because they know they won’t get anywhere without one? Or will it be like in Tribes (any of them) where the vehicles are hardly necessary and most people will go out on their own (although tribes did have jetpacks)?

Now I agree people don’t want to have to run for ages to get somewhere so this comes to my second point…Will there be multiple respawn points tochoose from so you can get into the action as quick as possible without the need for a vehicle a person? And even if this is the case it would have to be implemented well because it would be really easy for the game to end up like BF2 in that respect too.

Anyway hopefully people will agree that too many vehicles spoils the game and that there should be a large cap on how many vehicles there can be at once.

(Nail) #2

have you read any of the reviews ?

(Snipeydope) #3

If by review you mean preview then yes.

(B0rsuk) #4

Then read them again, until you understand them. All your questions are answered in there.

(Snipeydope) #5

Give me a link to the one that mentions the deal?

Would really help.

(Wils) #6

Spawnpoints work like ET; you automatically spawn at the most appropriate location for the current primary objective, but you can choose to spawn at alternative locations as required.

(Snipeydope) #7

Thanks a lot! So what will the system for vehicles work?

(jjpron) #8

we have actually discussed this in another post. an engie with a shotgun and a heavy weapons lardie will collect all the vehicles in the middle of the map and run a vehicle dealership. it is possible that the developers will include a “smelly-tree” selling cov-ops nearby.

(Nail) #9

and of course, I’ll have a shop where lvl4 engis can pimp their rides

(Snipeydope) #10

And custom modify them? Man i can’t wait for Hummer-Bus!

(Bongoboy) #11

We’re strong believers in affordable public transport and bicycle lanes, and all the maps are being laid out accordingly.

(Joe999) #12

will there be some priorization possible?

examples:

radar, allies: when the command post gets destroyed, i’d like to spawn in the forward bunker once it’s captured, and not in the initial spawn (=the house).

battery (initial version), allies: same here. when the command post gets destroyed, i’d like to spawn in the forward bunker once it’s captured, and not in the initial spawn (=the water).

(kamikazee) #13

I bet that’s what Wils meant to say.

(Joe999) #14

i’m not sure, got confused by “work like ET”. the spawn points in ET need some work on, see my above examples, i wonder why they haven’t been fixed yet. maybe there’s a reason to spawn in the house once the CP is destroyed in radar, but i don’t see any.

that’s definitely something that should be improved :slight_smile:

(Salteh) #15

They have been fixed in etpro though!
There still seems to be a silly FD bug where you have too many allies spawning at the CP, so some allies spawn in the ‘old axis base’ :frowning:

(mortis) #16

It’s a simple system: field ops will have to deploy bulldozers, and engineers will have to assemble the bulldozer. A team of engineers will then survey the map area. Covert Ops will then have to slip past enemy lines in order to steal the Strogg cold fusion energy souces. A medic will have to stand by, in case of any workplace injuries. The Commander will supervise the construction process, assuring that the engineers have to proper building permits and that they stay within budget. Field Ops will then deploy building materials and the the engineers build the foward spawn. A sixth class will be intoduced, the Building Inspector, which is actually a Strogg covert class who will try to use his “condemn building” and “red tape” abilities to delay and daunt the Earth Defense Forces.

At level 4, he can call in a Goliath, which stomps on the CP, slaying all those within.

(SCDS_reyalP) #17

A source told me, on the condition of anonymity that constructing a constructible will require at least three engineers standing around, drinking coffee and leaning on shovels for each one engaged in actual construction.

This is a truely unprecidented level of realism for an FPS game. :banana:

(Ifurita) #18

Will said engineers be wearing CalTrans helmets?

(Nail) #19

nah, BT

(SniperSteve) #20

Mmmm Bicycle Lanes… I wonder if the Strog follow the Geneva Convention…