Proposal - ET:QuakeWars contest

(mortis) #1

I think SplashDamage should host a contest for the best promotional web site featuring ET:QuakeWars. The prize, you ask? Access to teh demo, if any, one day early, like had been done for some MMORPGs recently, or anything, really.

I’m in the process of building a site personally at this moment, but it would be more fun if SD could come up with some cheap prizes (QuakeWars t-shirts signed by the dev team, or whatever) for the best fan site.

Great idea, or waste of bandwidth? You make the call!

(IncognitoX) #2

I have one lol but it wasn’t that well received around here :slight_smile: But I’ll play

www.quakewarsgaming.com

http://wolfgaming.net/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=320

(Joe999) #3

good idea, but i think you have to apply to activision in the case of the demo, dunno. but some signed ET stuff would be nice :slight_smile:

(DG) #4

Doubt you’d get a demo early, maybe a signed DVD but not until after release, too much of a leak risk.

Activision previously did private press releases, but I havent heard a peep from them ever since about the time a certain other site leaked something a day or so early. No idea if that’s cause & effect or just coincidence.

Disheartening and annoying though, being able to know in advance when to stay up late, being able to properly research & prepare news articles and being able to get files ready for mirroring an hour before the id FTP became useless was good for everyone. Now it just seems like only the big corporate sites (i.e. the ones who dont really give a toss about any individual game) get any kind of assistance from Activision - though even the semi-corporate news sites seem to be linking to press releases on Yahoo these days. All it took was a very occasional BCC’d email to keep the free marketing happy and informed, not sure if I can be bothered this time around.

(carnage) #5

too much of a leak risk.

1 day early i dont think that they would realy be too botherd about that… although a total online game when your the only person with the demo could be a little floored