random classes in ET:QW?

(Steven38) #1

Hi , I’m posting here to ask if anyone has any idea if there will be random class selection in ET:QW. My only prior experience online with such a system would be DOD where when you selected a class there was a button where you could select a random class.I like the idea of such a system to as a way of evening out the various classes during a round for peeps who care about that.

I like the idea especially in ET:QW where the ‘solo assignment system’ is wedded to each class, so instead of lets say everyone being a soldier class and all being given the same sub-mission, a random button could,‘even out’ the various classes chosen and help make sure that all the various sub-missions are at least done or tried by somebody.

Basically I like the idea of randomly being able to choose a class in ET:QW.(if one wants to. I don’t want to force people to be given a random choice of class)

Any thoughts?

(Gringo) #2

It dont seem like too bad an idea that. I guess it would be handy if when people chose the random option it chooses a class the team is lacking in.

However, i generally think that not too many people would use it. Just like in ET there are people who dont care if their team doesnt have an engineer. They just constantly want to be commando medic.

(zeh) #3

Ah, the good old days of playing TF random.

(Ifurita) #4

Or just have an autoassign option

(SniperSteve) #5

Autoassign would be nice. It would put you on the team that needed you the most and give you the class that the computer thought was needed.

(Steven38) #6

sounds good, team and class auto-assign all-in-one coz what’s the point in making a specific teamplay game if you deny people the chance to contribute the best to the team.

(Gringo) #7

Hmmmm, computers thinkin for us! Dont know about that, what say u Neo?

(SniperSteve) #8

lol.
Allow me to rephrase:

The computher will assign you to the team that has the least territory and players. (basically the losing team)
Then it gets the number of players per class.
Gets the next objectives for that team.
Uses math to figure out about how many of that class is needed to complete the objective based on the forces of the enemy and current number of palyers of that class on your team.
If there are not enough then it will assign you to that class. If there is plenty then it will use the same process for the next objective.
Then finally, if you have enough for the next objective it assigns you to a class that is needed the most, by preset ratios. If all ratios are correct it assigns you to the basic grunt class.

It was so much easier when computers just thought for us. :frowning:

You could also keep it set to auto upon the next respawn it would decide what class to have you as. Of course it would keep you on the same team, and unless there was a BIG ratio difference it would not switch you. For example when you need an engeneer to blow up the objective and there are only 2 of them in a 32 player game. This way it would only switch you out when the situation was dire.

(Steven38) #9

As a rule of thumb I like to think of it as a ratio dealy …as in 1 engineer for every 4 grunts that sort of thing

(Gringo) #10

Ha ha, nice one. It seems like it was infinitely easier when it was just simply the computer deciding. I guess thats the price of freedom so as not to be the slaves of cruel robot overloads! :smiley: