ET QW resource based?

(ZrAX) #1

Just wondering if someone know if it gonna be resource based?
hate games when viechles/buildings just spawns without any resources needed to get them.
And when u just get a weapon/gear that cant be upgraded.
Really hopes its gonna be like Natural-Selection outdoor and viechles :slight_smile:
Really waiting for this game :slight_smile: hope multiplayer demo comes out soon.

(B0rsuk) #2

Developers stated there’s not going to be any kind of resource management. However, keep in mind that:

• abilities and certain items in Wolfenstein:Enemy Territory are limited by slowly recharging energy…
  • it has been mentioned several times players in ET:QW start with limited amount of mines, medikits, ammo. So just like you can’t spam mines forever, you no doubt won’t be able to abuse artillery, or vehicles. There will be some kind of limiting mechanism.That’s all that matters in the end.

If you really were a NS player, you’d know outdoor NS sucks. Skulks would be extremely unhappy with no walls/ceilings to climb, and even lerk (assuming you somehow get the resources) needs a vent to hide.

(ZrAX) #3

If you really were a NS player, you’d know outdoor NS sucks. Skulks would be extremely unhappy with no walls/ceilings to climb, and even lerk (assuming you somehow get the resources) needs a vent to hide.

was a player of MtMe (old clan that dosnt exist anymore), yeah i know that but i didnt mean exactly like NS, i mean the way of resorces upgrades of weapon, gear and abiltys.
Hate when u start a game u get the good stuff right away.
But thinks it gonna be good anyway.

(B0rsuk) #4

Ah, i understand what you mean now. From playing Wolfenstein:Enemy Territory and reading Enemy Territory:Quake Wars previews, I’d say that

1. Enemy Territory is build around somewhat different principles. There’s no weapon/class strictly better than all others. You don’t level up as much as in NS, instead you have to choose. For example in W:ET as Covert Op you can choose Sten (good at medium/long range, bad at short), K43/Garand (Best sniper rifle, good at long range), FG42(suprisingly good at very short range in auto mode, decent as sniper rifle but not as good as K43/Garand…and no silencer). There’s no perfect choice in here. ET is more about rock-paper-scissors. Deployed MG42 can kill entire attacking teams, but is vulnerable to snipers and especially artillery. Use right tool for the job.

2. There is some kind of upgrading in Enemy Territory, but it’s based of experience. You gain experience points for killing with small guns, surviving combat, or whatever your class is supposed to do. XP rewards are nice, but not groundbreaking. You may get an extra ammo clip, more stamina (esentially more running), binoculars, faster movement with heavy weapon… But you still have to keep your eyes open, because even a medic with all skills maxed out can be killed quickly.

As far as vehicles go, they aren’t supposed to be indestructible. Goliath looks BIG, and mean, but it also looks like a perfect artillery target because it’s so slow. Faster vehicles may be harder to hit, but won’t be able to take as much damage.