New Article + New Screenshots of ET:QW

(grudgebearer) #1

1up.com has a new article here:
http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?pager.offset=0&cId=3147966

And a few new screenshots here:
http://www.1up.com/do/media?cId=3140558

The screens may not be new, but I hadn’t seen them before.

Grudgebearer

(Loffy) #2

Nice article. Seems they (SD) have spent some time on this game. I will spend some SEK on it that is for sure.

Hey, you, with the binoculars - the action is behind your back!

Arrrrgh want game now! These shots are awesome!

(jjpron) #3

sweet mother of god.
well happy valentine’s to 1up too, i guess.

(Patt0n) #4

omg… im going mental waiting for this game!
looks better by the minute

(kamikazee) #5

The pics posted in this thread were released before, but not in such a high quality/size.
When this is balanced, this should be huge fun.

(Joe999) #6

awesome. thanks for the link. if anyone knows a way for humans to go into hibernate mode, tell me :smiley:

(ParanoiD) #7

Here is the code:

TI-83plus calc style :stuck_out_tongue: (those calculators rock in boring math lessons :slight_smile:

Human -> A
Hibernate A
Lbl 1
if ET:QW=Released
then
goto 2
else
goto 1
lbl 2
Wakeup
A Buy ET:QW
A install ET:QW
A prgmET:QW

(eRRoLfLyNN) #8

I wish I could afford a better computer, this game is goin to be great :frowning:

Placing the constructions looks a bit like building in civilization or somethin! Selected squares you can place diff things. Lookin really nice. Now to begin my 6 months of whoring on Botanic Avenue for new PC fund

(Joe999) #9

@SD: any chance we get these character and vehicle images from 1up without the 1up logo?

(corvey) #10

I can’t wait to put this kiddie cocaine in my pipe. I will be addicted to this game for a long time. This game is going to be number one for a LONG time after it comes out.

I would give my DOOM3, plus QUAKE4 CDs and still pay 50 bucks just to have ET-QW. The entertainment and replay value for ET-QW will be purely outstanding, I can tell without a doubt.

ET-QW from Splashdamage is going to be our savior from previous IDsoftware title fuck ups that have no replay value at all.

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):slight_smile:

(GlobalWar) #11

I am wondering…there are about 24 screens available now to the public.
How much of those screens are actual IN GAME shots and not just great art?

I REALLY need a new in game movie or beter a playable demo…

Cant we raise some money to bribe one of the SD developers?

(etqw.at) #12

I would pay $100 and more only for a demo version :drink: :beer:

(Pytox) #13

Damn , i want to try a demo
That looks very nice ^^:clap:

(RoXxOrS) #14

good news errolflyn as long as your gaming rig can run doom 3 you can run et:qw because of mega texture so no need to buy a zillion quid rig to play it OH YEH ITS GONNA BE GOOD

(carnage) #15

im prety sure ull need a zillion quid rig to see the game at the qualityt thoes screenshots are at though

(Lanz) #16

I think it’s funny how many people (including myself) gaze at new game pictures and then make it look like ass to gain 2 fps the minute they get their hands on the game. I just hope they don’t leave too much options open to dumb down the gfx so much that it will render shadows and other obstacles obsolete from a game play view. Though some options are ofcourse needed to allow less fortunate pc owners some chance to gain a few frames.

(Joe999) #17

i thought similar when i found out that i can’t hide behind the smoke of the tank in ET … :smiley:

(SniperSteve) #18

This looks awesome.

DEMO! :smiley: Or at least another video.

(DarkangelUK) #19

Has anyone got a tissue or 3?

(SniperSteve) #20

Used 'em all up on myself, sorry.