Quake 5

(Whorelord) #1

It Seems that Kanes new orders might lead into another Quake.It would be cool if you could do Enemy territory on 360 (w/o stripping it down like BF2MC)seperatly or in the next Quake.I am also Guessing that The Earth Defense Force is seperate from the SMC but it would be cool to include the mission Rhino Squad did in Dallas that all the NPCs keep talking about in quake 4.

(Dazzamac) #2

keep talking about? Or mention once in a passing comment? Also Quake wars isn’t Quake 5, it technically isn’t quake either.

(B0rsuk) #3

Where’s the “I’m fed up with Quake so-called serries” option ?

(DarkangelUK) #4

I much prefer Arena than humans vs strogg, seems they tried to bring Q3A to the D3 engine, but failed a little bit someway in mind translation. I just doesn’t feel as fluid, or indeed as fun as Q3A. Of course im a die hard Q3 fan, been playing it for 5/6 years and still going…

(zeh) #5

I think it’s time for it to end. Seriously. I loved most Quakes, but there’s a certain point where there’s nothing to get out of it anymore. Q4 was great, but there’s nothing to be done that hasn’t already been done. You can’t just redo DM ad infinitum. ET:QW is a good way out.

I think Kane’s new orders wil be just an expansion pack, similar to what D3 had. I’d buy that. But another Quake game… I don’t know.

(SCDS_reyalP) #6

id claims to be working on a brand new IP. About time, IMO.

(Joe999) #7

omg please no quake anymore, i can’t stand it. i even stopped playing quake 4 in the middle of the game. it’s so boring. every id game has become boring which mainly consist of rooms filled with some stupid working machine and absolutely no story. imo they put all their energy into the graphics instead of gameplay. graphics and the creation of before mentioned stupid machines which you can find behind every door which you have to open with the same stupid key you used since the first doom came out. the “new” quake 4 design where some stupid bot opened the door for you didn’t change anything regarding gameplay feeling. stupid.

if they want to make a good horror game with good gameplay and good story, they better try and play resident evil 4 and use it as an example.

quake 4 was wasted money. and the multiplayer of it … forget it. better than anything that arose since ET, but still only short term fun. dropped it and am back at ET.

i hate myself for saying that, but even half life 2 was better than quake 4. and even far cry had more diversity and freedom than quake 4 <= speaking of the single players.

imo ET:QW is id’s (if you can say so) only game capable of makeing a big difference compared to the recent other id games.

(Floris) #8

I wonder if ET:QW would escist if Doom3/quake4 didnt excist …

Quake 4 isnt really a bad game, it isnt better than quake 3 tho. :frowning:

(Whorelord) #9

I know Quake Wars isnt Quake 5.Im just saying that if a Quake 5 came out it should have the Quake Wars style of gameplay.But it does seems likely it would be a expansion pack and a download for us Xbox 360 owners.But they should make a seperate version for 360.It would be on the top 5 XBL games.

And for people who dont like certain video games…You should save your energy because no matter you say what there will be people to play all the games you hate such as Halo 2.

if they want to make a good horror game with good gameplay and good story, they better try and play resident evil 4 and use it as an example.

Doom 3 is a horror game.Quake isnt trying to scare anybody its a WAR! ( :bash: ).You only get a nightmare or 2 of a Beserker and thats it.

(Joe999) #10

who cares? quake 4 single player is boring and stupid. it’s like a chewing gum that you chew over and ove again, but the taste of it is long gone.

(viralDNA) #11

I’d opt for more on the Q4 style war. It was a nice pick up from Q2. I played Q2 a few times over but it didn’t have the war feeling you know? Q4 did a much better job of that. Be cool if they make the next Quake tie into Quake Wars, maybe go back a bit and show what happened leading up to Q2.

As for arena gameplay, nothing beats Quake 3. It’s been awhile, might have to buy Q3 again cause I lost the box and CD somehow.

(mortis) #12

It’s time to euthanize Quake.

The Enemy Territory series is the next legacy game. Mark my words.

–Mortis

(bani) #13

prey looks pretty promising.

(Joe999) #14

if you’re up for that type of game … i watched a trailer last weekend. prey looks like doom 3 or quake 4. in a metal room with a machine you have to kill everything, find a key to a door, open the door, etc etc etc. nothing new except that you can go up walls. haven’t played the mp, but judging the video it won’t be successful imo. i might be wrong, but at the current point from judging the videos i don’t even give it a try. guess i’m not part of the audience they’re aiming at.

here are videos:

http://www.xboxyde.com/news_2568_en.html

(RoXxOrS) #15

prey is looking very good although joe’s paranoia with metal rooms and keys is looking pretty corredt prey is going to be a game that will change pc games if the developers do as they say they are it is a small step in the evolution of gaming as hl2 introduced a non static world and thegravity gun and fps gamers will no longer be satisfied with static levels and prey is taking that a step further with complete gravitational mania in the game and the spiritworld . if it were not inside a room it would be outside or in space and no one says prey will purely be indoors so joe you should try and forgive games for having rooms in them and wait for a game that sorts the metal rooms problem out

(bani) #16

hl2 is still keys and doors, this problem is not unique to quake. it’s a problem with the entire fps industry.

if you want to get away from keys and doors your only alternative at the moment is tetris.

(Joe999) #17

but hl2 had some differences which made gameplay not so boring like eg using physics instead of keys and you had interaction with other people. doom 3 was only “where is the next pda for the door so that i can kill everything that’s behind it”. don’t get me wrong, doom 3 rocked while i played it. but there’s no replayvalue and ROE was somehow boring. same as D3, no difference. nothing changed. imo the times for such boring shooters is over.

the ones who want a really gameplay- and storywise pwning game should try resident evil 4. this game raised the bar for quality games.

(zeh) #18

I think it goes down to preference more than anything. I played HL2 on its entirely and loved every minute of it, but I couldn’t play through it again because the loadings every 10 seconds were just annoying. I played D3 and Q4 on its entirely too, and differently from HL2, I replayed both again right after finishing them.

HL2 was a great game but it still stuck to the “go there, find red key” gameplay. Sure, it wasn’t a red key, but it was “shot at the barrel for the comport to open”, or “push the lever for the car to go up”, or “shot the car for the generator to turn off”. In the end it’s the same thing - jump puzzles and all, ie Ravenholm. Just because you’re throwing a bar instead of pushing a button doesn’t make it much ‘innovative’ to me. It’s the kind of thing that looks good the first time you do it, but then it wears fast and it’s the same old sh*t. And “interact with other people”? Both D3 and Q4 had that, so I don’t understand why you’re citing it as a unique HL2 feature. Maybe it’s because they didn’t get on your way as much as they did on HL2 while you where trying to run/shot at something?

I haven’t played RE4 unfortunatelly. But if there’s a game I actually loved and felt like part of the characters, this game was Shadow of The Colossus. I actually had to stop playing near the final for a while (spoiler alert!), right before the last Colossus when Agro falls to her death (which turned to not be her actual death), saving my main character. It really broke me, and dude, it’s just a horse on a computer game.

Anyway, every review I’ve seen of Prey says it looks like D3 - to be expected, considering the use of indoor ‘futuristic’ looks - but gameplay is something completely different. Right now, I’m believing it, and I think it’ll be cool for a change… at least while I wait for ET:QW and UT2k7 ONS.

(kamikazee) #19

What I just liked about is that they threw you allmost straight into the battle, where you still needed to walk around in D3.

But HL2, replayed it more. Those bots were pretty good, they didn’t do really the same every time.

(RoXxOrS) #20

hl2 's interaction with other npcs is hugely superior to other games yes in other games you talk to people but can you see their facial expressions and tell how they feel from their looks other games its a blank look and what they have to say tells you how they feel but from their faces its not believable once youve seen them in hl2 and for replayability there a re perhaps more mods for hl2 than any other game hl included