Quake wars bots

(Anthrax) #1

I know this has probably been discussed before but how come you won’t be including single player bots? I think that you would make a lot better game and get a lot more business if you added bots. The reason I say this is because A lot of people I know (myself included) have dial up and we know we will never be able to play this game online. We also think that this game looks better than battlefield 2 but we probably won’t get it because we won’t be able to play it. If you want to make a game that is truly better than battlefield 2 we think you should add bots.

(Higgins) #2

Why not just get broadband? its become really cheap. Mine is a 2mb line for £20 a month, I dont complain, I dont pay the bills :wink:

(Joe999) #3

how cum you say this when you don’t even know the game? maybe it’s perfect without bots? besides anything is better than BF2, so raising the bar isn’t that difficult :smiley:

but as you mention it, why do you think the game would be better with bots? only because there are bots in it is no real reason. details (numbers, whatever) please on what your opinion is based. or is it just feeling that raises from your stomach? :wink:

(kamikazee) #4

I know there has been discussed a lot about this, but ET:QW is an MP only game.
If bots should be possible for online Co-op is still a point for discussion. (Technically, you could play this mode offline, but don’t call it SP just like that.)

(ayatollah) #5

BOTZ R TEH SUXXORS HOOMANZ R TEH ROOLZORS!!!

Why another thread about bots…There will be no bots and in the words of Relaxer:

Broadband is inexpensive nowadays, I never knew dial-up still existed! :stuck_out_tongue: If you can afford a PC that will be capable of playing ET:QW a broadband connection is pittance. DO IT…DO IT NOW!

(Lanz) #6

I don’t care if they include bots or not, but I hope for you and everyone else that wants them that they have the time, resources and find it economically worth the inclusion of them.

One of the reasons bots are as smart as a can of beans is because of the limited time per server frame the game can spend on bots “thinking”. The more time they think the slower the server frame will be. To make bots “smart” is hard as it is without having to worry about them taking too much cpu/frame. So I just wonder, is it really worth buying a game like QW if you know that you wont be able to play it online because of bad internet connection? Seems to me there are better games around to spend your money on instead?

edit:

Believe it or not, some people can still not get broadband in their area. :eek3:

(ayatollah) #7

^^^AMENDED :D^^^

(Wils) #8

I think Kevin said that - Relaxer is Neil, SD’s Producer.

(B0rsuk) #9

First bots for Q1 were meant to amuse lone player until more people join. They were never meant to replace humans. So much for history.

(Ifurita) #10

waaaaaah

(SCDS_reyalP) #11

The poll question is poorly chosen. Hardly anyone would object to the inclusion of bots, since you don’t have to play them if you don’t want to. However, in the real world, development resources are finite,meaning that if you include bots, you MUST trade it for something else. A more appropriate question would be something like:

Should ET:QW have bots, and one or more of the following: more bugs, less well developed MP gameplay, more cost, longer schedule ?

For me, the answer to that question is a clear “NO”.

Note also that some of those options (schedule and retail cost) are not things that SD can freely adjust.

(Ifurita) #12

trade offs, what a concept.

Poll Question: Should cars be cheaper? :wink:

(Lanz) #13

I can almost see the fine print infront of me: “steering wheel not included”.

(ayatollah) #14

I think Kevin said that - Relaxer is Neil, SD’s Producer.[/quote]

Ooops…I meant Locki! But in the preview, on planetquake, it doesn’t specify who said it so it was either Kevin or Paul. Still my point holds true! :wink:

(mortis) #15

bots are teh lose, a PUG channel in the game browser with a suggested low ping server to hit when 3v3 or 6v6 is achieved, the win.

I didn’t know it was called Wuake Wars…

(grudgebearer) #17

How many times does SD have to state that this game is about team-based MULTIPLAYER gaming!? This game is not about loading up a bunch of tard-bots so you and your aim-challenged buddies can kill a bunch of bots to feel good about yourself!

/rant

That being said, someone will create bots for QW, they will probably suck because of the objective based gameplay/teamwork factor that is needed in a game like ET:QW, but rest assured that some like-minded individual will mod some for you eventually. If you can’t wait that long then just keep killing the tard-bots in BF2. I assure you that SD will not tank and have all the devs heads asplode if you and your mates don’t buy this game. Life, will continue, and the rest of us will be fraggin in ET:QW

Grudgebearer

(Gringo) #18

Aye maybe in North Korea or Turkmenistan!! Even this dump has it!

(Lanz) #19

Aye maybe in North Korea or Turkmenistan!! Even this dump has it![/quote]

Heh, only thing necissary for not being able to have a descent broadband is living out in the sticks far away from nerest station with bad telephone cables. Even though you theoretically should be able to get it. Heck I know a few people that would be glad just to have a good modem connection, that didn’t disconnect them from the net regularly.

(Nail) #20

there are a huge number of places in rural US and Canada that have no access to broadband