Would you like Splash Damage to release a source map for ET?

(Sombee) #1

Note:I have updated the poll so it does not reflect what a few have noted as my personal commentary (Originally; “Yes. It would make me better mapper” and “No. I’m not really interested in mapping”). I personally hope that SD releases one of the source maps as it would make be a great resource regardless of how good the documentation is.

(chavo_one) #2

Your poll is a little one sided, I think. There are no choices for my POV.

(sock) #3

If it became possible for one sounrce map to be released which one would mappers prefer to see ??

Sock
:moo:

(chavo_one) #4

I vote for goldrush. It has “assisted vehicle” (tank, truck) style objectives and also the “documents” (goldbars) style of objective. The only thing it’s missing are environmental effects (rain, snow), but that could be covered in a rather simple tutorial (I hope).

(MuffinMan) #5

that’s another choice, give out some tutorials that cover the new things, to assist the documentation, i don’t need to see the .map as long as i am able to do the stuff myself…

(BoltyBoy) #6

Agreed. Gold rush seems to cover most of the important new entites.

(Sombee) #7

I have updated the poll options. Refer to my “Note” on my original post.

(Womprat) #8

It’d be fine with me if they just threw up a simple demo map that had one vehicle, one buildable, one command post, and an ammo/health rack. Doesn’t even need to be all the playable just something to show off the new stuff. However if the documentation is good enough I could probably get by without a demo map if I had to.

but, if they release a full map anyway that would be fine with me. :smiley:

(SCDS_reyalP) #9

Gold rush or fuel dump.
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

(system) #10

I think Goldrush would be fine. There is all in there.
But we don’t need a sample map.

A good scripting documentation is what i prefer. :slight_smile:

(BlackSeer) #11

Gold Rush or a small map showing off all we need to know.

(DACROW) #12

WOW oke id like to see RAILGUN because it has alot of info in a Large map… and more script movers because ot the train! can this be made avlible fo us mappers to view? :clap: :clap:

as a mapper id like too this this MAP most of all!
sock is it possible m8 ? :drink:

(Cosmos) #13

I would like to see Fuel Dump source map released.

(DACROW) #14

fueldump map is a rip of the map SP_forest ! from RTCW who on earth would want that map :slight_smile: lol gotta be crazy :bump:

(Cosmos) #15

To learn how the map is used. We can learn how the tank moves… its out of gold rush and fuel dump I bet.

(DACROW) #16

hi well this is going to a problem lol… id like too see how the train moves.
unless they make 2 maps avalible for us too see ? :eek:

(sock) #17

The trains and tanks all use the same spline system. The only difference with the trains is that they can move back and forth and the scripting is more complex.

Sock
:moo:

(DACROW) #18

yes sock thanks, thats why id like too see this map… because it looks complecated. and would be of importance to me to learn from… do u think u could make this map avalible fo us mappers to veiw?
so we may see how its all done ? :banana: :moo:

(MuffinMan) #19

can you make sort of vertical loops of these splines, thinking of a theme park map… :banana:

(Cosmos) #20

can you make sort of vertical loops of these splines, thinking of a theme park map…

Yeah I could just see it… Axis spawn on the Merry go round and the Allies spawn on the Ferris wheel and they battle it out to see which team goes on the ultimate rollercoaster. Great idea. :rocker: