Trail version QW

(AKIE-Pedro) #1

Hello,

Enemy-territory AKIE-clan is waiting for the release of QW. The screenshots and trailers are really looking good.

But is there going to be a playable demo version of QW?

Thanks,
greetings,
Pedro

(SniperSteve) #2

Currently no news on a demo/trial/beta/mptest.

(FootSoulJah) #3

Ain’t been much new at all, hopefully they will suprise us.

(Joe999) #4

yup, speaking generally, a demo would be good before any game comes out, not after. speaking of it: the current no-demo policy of id software / activision seems to be more money-oriented. no demo for doom 3, neither a demo for quake 4. so people will buy quake 4 and if they see that the game doesn’t work correctly or with a decent frame rate on their sys, they can’t even return it. looks to me like the legal buyers are the disadvantaged ones as currently usual in the gameing business.

i didn’t care about no demo when i got doom 3. but now for quake 4 i do care because the magazines give it rather bad scores. not that i would care about a magazine’s review, but still leaves a bad feeling behind. still looking forward to tomorrow :smiley:

(Sauron|EFG) #5

There was a demo for D3, though it was released some time after the actual game.

If you can wait there may be a demo for Q4 as well (at least I haven’t heard anything official saying there won’t).

(Joe999) #6

i know that there was a demo for D3 long after the retail release, but tbh that one doesn’t really count. it was just there for the peopz who haven’t already bought the game. so if they wouldn’t have released it, it would have been fine as well from my point of view. same for Q4. to me it looks like they don’t have faith in their game and are afraid to get fewer customers.

(Sick Boy) #7

well doom 3 had a leaked alpha

we could do with one of those :moo:

(SniperSteve) #8

Thats like stealing…

Just a MPTest is all I want