Decompiling Seawall Battery for cam scripting

(adadk) #1

Run into a brick wall in terms of converting battery.bsp to .map
I’m just interested in doing it for movie making, not map-hacking.
I followed the tutorial below on what to do…

http://www.silvergods.net/tutorial/ENG/

But as you can see in the picture below, I get an “Invalid Argument” error.

Just wondering if any of you know what is causing this, and what I should (if possible) correct.

(Loffy) #2

adadk, do you use a batchfile to execute the decompile, and if so what does that batchfile contain (what commands do you have in the batchfile)?

(adadk) #3

uhh.no. This is all new to me. Maybe I’m naive in thinking that it’s easier than what it really is.

All i know is that i followed Schoft’s instructions on decompiling to the letter and it didn’t work. Is there another way to convert the battery.bsp to .map so that I can open it in Radiant?

(Loffy) #4

There is a cool way to decompile, at the end of this thread:
http://www.splashdamage.com/index.php?name=pnPHPbb2&file=viewtopic&t=13110&highlight=convert
Haven’t tried that particular way to decompile a map myself.

(adadk) #5

Thanks, but i get the same “Invalid Argument” error.
LOL this almost makes me wanna give up.

(adadk) #6

Cancel that. Fixed. I messed around with spaces and quotations and it decompiled it. Phew. Thanks for taking the time to help me.

(Loffy) #7

Good!
I have a batchfile with the following:

"C:/Program/Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory/q3map_2.5.16_win32_x86/q3map2" -convert -format map -v -game et -fs_basepath "C:/Program/Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory/foldername/mapname" "C:/Program/Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory/foldername/mapname/maps/mapname.bsp"

when I decompile.

Let us know when your film is done!
//L.

(Yojo) #8

ok i tried that .bat
this is my files:

"C:/Program Files/GtkRadiant-ET-1.3\q3map2" -convert -format map -v -game et -fs_basepath "C:/Program/Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory/etmain/maps" "C:/Program/Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory/etmain/maps/falcon2.bsp" 

but now i get some errors
he says that c:\Prog…\GtkRadiant-ET-1.3-format.bsp can’t be found :S

(nUllSkillZ) #9

There’s one “” in “GtkRadiant-ET-1.3\q3map2”.
So try to replace it with “/”.

(Yojo) #10

Still having the same

Loading C:\documents and Setting\joachim\bureaublad-format.bsp
ERROR****
failed to load C:\documents and Setting\joachim\bureaublad-format.bsp…

:bored:

(HitmaN1) #11

Hey can any1 give me a link to a tutorial for theese cams? just that the other link is dead :frowning:
and i really want to have some cams in my movie