Quake 4 has gone gold

(Joe999) #1

finally another promising MP game. this will be the snack i take until finally i’ll have ET:QW in my hands.

btw: i wonder if SD celebrates the doom movie release with new screenies for the masses? or even a new trailer? :smiley:

:banana: :drink: :clap: :drink: :banana:

(Loffy) #2

The people demand new ET2 screenies today!

(fattakin) #3

Q4 will hopefully be a good 1player game and an even better barometer of how ET: QW will run on our PC’s!!!

(Mr.Mxyzptlk) #4

I just read that quake IV’s death animations aren’t canned. Rather, they are ragdoll’d .
Here’s to hoping that raises the bar and we get something similar in ET:QW .

(jaybird) #5

I just read that quake IV’s death animations aren’t canned. Rather, they are ragdoll’d .

Oh yes…!

(Cerebrate) #6

You mean the ghetto minority who doesn’t want RTCW2 instead?

(Salteh) #7

You mean et2 isn’t rtcw2?!?!?!? WTF?!?~!?!?!?!?! OMG NOES!!!

:slight_smile: :nag: :slight_smile:

(Zenix) #8

I’d much prefer Quake Wars to a Wolf sequel.

(Joe999) #9

yeah, me too as ET is already perfect, so all you could do is to enhance the graphics. SD did an awesome move!!!

(fattakin) #10

Cheapest Place to Pre-order in the UK??
Amazon - £27
Play £28

(ouroboro) #11

i’m actually not that excited about Q4. multiplayer is more or less Q3 revisited. while i believe Q3 was/is the best MP game ever, i don’t believe we needed another installment of it. and frankly, that style of game is getting REALLLY stale at this point.

i’m much more interested in ET:QW than Q4.

(Lanz) #12

For some reason I’m not really impressed by Q4 at all after seing the trailers, SP doesn’t look interesting at all and as ouroboro said, I liked Q3 a lot but would like to see something new instead of a copy of it in Q4. On the other hand, since I have a really low expectation of it, I can only get pleasantly surprised, but somehow I doubt it. They need to release a demo before they get my money at least.

One game I will buy as soon as it’s in the stores is COD2 though, that one looks really good and the demo was fun even if it was a bit short.

(Floris) #13

Yes I love the CoD2 demo too, cant wait to play the full game. Let’s hope the multiplayer is interesting as well

(ouroboro) #14

i found the CoD2 demo to be a massive disapointment. when CoD1 came out, it was exciting. the SP was the best till that point imho. the MP was pretty dull and i never bothered with it much. but that CoD2 SP demo put me to sleep. same old same old, without the sense of excitement.

also, if that’s a new engine i’ll eat my own face. it seems to be a D3D port of the Q3 engine with a few extra bells and whistles, but nothing special by any means.

CoD1 was a huge event. they had the world by the tail after that. sadly, they didn’t take the opportunity to do anything with it. CoD:UO was nothing either. they had it all in their grasp and let it slip through their fingers. they had a formula and stayed within the safety of that formula.

sadly, CoD2 will be a smash hit due to the success of CoD1. but this time the success won’t be earned.

(etqw.at) #15

Quake 4, ETQW and now RtCW2 – I dream :clap: :clap:

I love ID, Splashdamage, Raven and Activision :banana: :drink: (and all which I forgot :smiley: )

(BondyBoy007) #16

lol if you want to buy it from Amazon you could buy a bundle and get it together with Duke Nukem Forever :banghead:

Perfect Partner
Buy Quake 4 (PC DVD) with Duke Nukem Forever today!
Buy Together Today: £51.98

(Lanz) #17

This is OT but I enjoyed COD1 a lot and COD2 seems to be even better in that respect. It’s quite obviously an upgraded Q3 engine, but it does the job fine IMO. I’ll will by it because of the demo and the trailers, the demo was short but gaved me the overall feeling of the game and I liked it, and yeah I’m bying it only for the SP, never liked CODs mp.

(Joe999) #18

question: does anyone know if there’ll be a demo of Q4 before the release?

(Fusen) #19

the CoD2 demo lasted about 3 minutes :confused: can’t say it was the most rivetting of demos. Enjoying playing q4 sp but the mp is basically q3 but slower physics