Revolution...

(.Chris.) #1

Has anyone seen the new nintendo revolution controller yet? it look pretty amazing the the possibilities for it are endless and from what i hear developers are getting pretty excited about the new kit, from what i read this kind of technology would be great for FPS and would be interesting to see how it compares to the keyboard and mouse we all grown to use. You can check out details on the controlls here read the stuff not just look at pictures as it does require brief explination. If the controll system worked i wonder if we could see similiar on our PCs one day…

(Joe999) #2

imagine you have a party, get drunk, swing the controller like a lasso and let loose in the right moment which makes it fly directly into your 2000 euro tv :smiley:

(Depth_Charge) #3

Dunno how easy it would be to use…still wont work as well as a mouse.
There are only 3 buttons on it as well :S

(carnage) #4

/EDIT bah

(Joe999) #5

i think it will really be revolutionary and do hope that u really can use it with any tv. i miss my gun firing games like virtua cop n house of the dead. ever since i bought an x-thousand euro tv i can’t play my fav games anymore :frowning:

i think the games will be similar to eye toy games. you can eg play baseball and use it like a stick or you can use it for fishing games or for ping pong games. what really sounds interesting is that you can use the left thumbstick to walk and the right remote control to shoot and hence it sounds interesting for 1st person shooters :slight_smile:

(carnage) #6

could be confusing though cos u combine ur aim with ur movement if they work independantly

(Loffy) #7

Teaser video is out:
http://media.cube.ign.com/articles/651/651334/vids_1.html