Quake wars System Requirements?

(linxuz3r) #1

Hi.

Can someone post what are the system requirements, minimum and maximum, for Quake Wars :bash: :angry: :moo: ?

tanks

(kamikazee) #2

Probably somewhat comparable to Doom 3, as it’s built on it. :wink:

But I wouldn’t care too much yet, if you now buy a PC it could be outdated when ET:QW is released! (if you look at current progress in games)

(Sauron|EFG) #3

I don’t think they will decide what the minimum requirements are until the game is closer to release. Looking at previous generation (the Q3 engine) you see that the requirements usually are somewhat higher for each new game that uses the engine, but we’ll have to wait and see.

An approximate release date would be more interresting imho. :slight_smile:

(Joe999) #4

i’ve stopped asking for release dates. the game (hopefully) won’t be released before it’s done. even if one says summer 2006, it can always be delayed. best example: stalker. they said may 2005, then june 2005, now the game doesn’t even come out anymore as it seems, imo it would be best they would have never mentioned that the game exists at all. so many new games have come out and i still play ET because they all suck in gameplay: farcry, half life 2, counter strike, battlefield vietnam, battlefield 2 … especially in farcry i wish they would have invested more time for the multiplayer part. the new games are just no fun. ET beats em all regarding gameplay. it’s not the graphics or sound that make a game, it’s the gameplay. i’d even play pacman if it would have a multiplayer part.

regarding et:qw … SD says 2006, so my guess is christmas 2006. every date before this is more than welcome, especially if it’s before summer 2006, but who knows. as i initially said: i’d rather have a game which works at a later date than a game which is buggy at an earlier date. luckily SD/id/activision won’t release it before it’s done and it’s quality is perfect, so let’s keep waiting, enjoy the pics and hope for soon to be released new awesome trailers :smiley:

(S.P.G) #5

Joe999 hit the nail on the head eye candy means nothing. Gameplay is where it counts, thats why i still play ET nothing else comes near it for me. Some of the new games are cracking in single player mode take FARCRY for example a fantasic single player action. Multiplayer though it just sucks, COD again good single player but again multiplayer just doesnt do it for me. By all means game makers keep making these brilliant single player games. But please once in a while put some thought into the multiplayer side of it.

ET STILL ROCKS

(Joe999) #6

:eek: someone reads what i spam? :eek: must be my lucky day :smiley:

speaking of gameplay one feature of above-mentioned games catched my notice. it was in battlefield vietnam and it was funny imo: the radio feature, the possibility that people in vehicles could turn on the radio and play music. lol, i remember when i was in a helicopter at the side mg and the pilot turned on wagner’s valkyrie when we were attacking an innocent village. or when i walked around and my teammates drove by with the music turned on in the jeep and you could hear the music according to the direction they drove. that was awesome and fun. i wonder if ET:QW will have such a feature as well. we’ll see :slight_smile:

(Locki) #7

You will definitely need a 3D graphics card :slight_smile:

Paul

(mortis) #8

You’ll need a multicore 12GHz Pentium 6 or compatible, 5GB of RAM, and a DS3 internet connection. I guarantee that will be sufficient. :eek:

I’ll hazard a guess that any decent DX9 128MB AGP or Pci-Express video card, a decent amount of RAM and a processor speed in the several GHz range will be just fine. For the sake of argument, if the game is twice as demanding as Doom3, which I doubt, then you might need to upgrade.

–Mortis