Enemy Territory got a great showing at QuakeCon

(Ifurita) #1

FWIW, I thought Enemy Territory finally got a well earned place in the spot light at QuakeCon. The ITG crew shoutcasted many many of the ET matches (probably >10 of them) and their booth was right in the middle of the exhibitor area, so it felt like an ET match was always playing. There was always an active group of spectators watching, vocally cheering on one team or another. There was a level of spectator excitement that I simply haven’t seen in past QCons. GGs all.

(MindgamE) #2

Pics?

(EB) #3

::Jealous::

What other stories do you have ?

(Ifurita) #4

team *mo running across the freeway to get from the place we had dinner back to their hotel, because the shuttle bus was running late

(Locki) #5

Yes - it was really cool. A bunch of us from Splash Damage would often sit in the audience listening to the commentary. I got to congratulate the winners and runners-up afterwards (just before they were awarded prizes) and they seemed to have had a great time. The organisers were great too. We gave the winning team signed copies of Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory - hopefully they won’t end up on eBay right away! :slight_smile:

Paul.

(tephlon) #6

Hey Guys!

Yeah, ET did get some mad props at Quakecon. I love seeing good games like that being played at big events. Sure beats Counterstrike. but anyways.

I guess I wanted to say that me and my guys did what we could again this year to represent ET, and as always we had a blast!

We have links to pics on our site, as well as a collection of development pics; showing the building of this years’ helmets. They’re still quite disorganized, but we will get them straight soon.

anyways, just wanted to drop a line to Marauder, Locki, and all the wonderful people at splash damage. We love you!

-Tephlon

(Kendle) #7

ET certainly does seem to have been a big hit at the event itself. I was really, really close to going myself, but in the end I couldn’t justify the £1200 it would’ve cost me to go there and just watch others play (and with Adacore and Toss the only people there I’d actually know it’d mean making new friends fast!), however after watching the games, seeing pictures of the event and the comments of people who were there I’m kicking myself for not going tbh.

However, as much as ET may have been a hit at the event I’m not sure the word is reaching out very far. Take a look at the links at the bottom of this page:-

http://www.quakecon.org/gallery.php

You’d be forgiven for thinking they’d never been an ET tourney at QCon 2005 at all.

Depending on when exactly ET:QW is released I can only hope they’ll be another ET tourney at next years event, in which case I think I definately will be going. (if ET:QW is released before QCon2006 they’ll be no ET for sure)

(Sauron|EFG) #8

SD @ qcon:
http://www.planetwolfenstein.com/images/photo/index.asp?id=498533

(eRRoLfLyNN) #9

I see on Planet Quake a movie of the Doom3 final. Anybody know of something similar from the ET final, even demos would be nice to watch :slight_smile:

(Kendle) #10

The ETTV demos I recorded are here:-

http://www.etnation.co.uk/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=270

(includes the Final and the U5 -v- Idle semi which was game of the tournament for me)

I believe ETTV format demos (i.e. those you need to host your own ETTV server to watch) are also available somewhere, the benefit of them being they’re multi-view.

(eRRoLfLyNN) #11

Thanks very much :slight_smile:

(SCDS_reyalP) #12

The ettve demos can be found on filecloud: http://quakecon.filecloud.com/?user_category_id=190224

I have most of them loaded on my server, available for playback on request. Catch me in #n-warriors on gamesurge or #splashdamage on qnet. Setting up your own server for ettv playback is also fairly simple, assuming you have shell access.

(mortis) #13

Well, ET is the best multiplayer FPS ever made, IMO. I guess nothing can displace the might CamperStrike, however. I’m glad to see its day of glory at Quakecon, fully patched and ready for action.

I wonder if my map scripts found their way to quakecon???

–Mortis