How to test your map in ET-Pro? ~Solved~

(FireFly) #1

Well, with the next release of my map I want to include an extra pk3 containing the custom commandmap icons and a custom objective icon (like in transmitter), for ET-Pro only.

Question is how can I test my map to see if all the icons actually work in ET-pro?

For testing my maps in ET-vanilla I have this shortcut on my desktop: “C:\Program Files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\ET.exe” +sv_pure 0 +g_gametype 2 +devmap tramfight_beta2

I’ve already tried this: After starting ET.exe I choose ‘Mods’ in the menu and click on ‘etpro’, however when I try to run my map (any map, for that matter) I get this error message: " etpro wants ET 2.60 win-x86 mar 10 2005, not p"

I have the latest version of etpro installed (3.2.1)

(thore) #2

Maybe install ET 2.60 patch?

(Detoeni) #3

and…"+set fs_game etpro +set sv_pure 0 +set g_gametype 2 +devmap tramfight_beta2

(SCDS_reyalP) #4

You cannot run a listen server in etpro with 2.60.

You need to run a dedicated server and connect to it.

so run etded.exe with the command line Detoeni suggested, then start et.exe and /connect to your IP. As always, you may run into trouble if you have a lot of downloaded junk in your etmain or etpro directory.

(kamikazee) #5

EDIT: Seems ReyalIP was JUST before me. However, it took me longer since I was searching the link…

See http://bani.anime.net/banimod/forums/viewtopic.php?p=56433#56433

(FireFly) #6

Yep, it works now! thanks alot guys…