Wolfenstein Hollywood Movie?

(fattakin) #1

Just reading the Interview with id’s Hollenshead… and he happened to mention a few titbits:

IGN: Can you forsee any Quake or Wolfenstein movies to be made in the future?

HOLLENSHEAD: Well, I hope so. Quake is a bit more schizophrenic than the Doom or Wolfenstein properties, just because the story for Quake II and Quake IV are in the same universe, but Quake and Quake III are different from the other two. I do think that the Quake II universe would make excellent grounds for a film.With Wolfenstein, that’s a project that we’ve actually had in development. We’ve been working with some writers and those sorts of things. It’s obviously not as far along as the Doom movie was when it took off after we had the E3 showing in 2002, but I think as we go forward with a lot of those franchises, I mean… you haven’t seen the last Wolfenstein game. I don’t want to talk too much about when or what the next one’s going to be, it’s still very much in the drawing board phases, but I think as… my hope is, it’s not too dissimilar from Doom III and the Doom movie, where we kinda had the game going on, and the movie really caught fire. So we’ll have the same thing with Wolf as well.

(ouroboro) #2

[b]
OH

MY

GOD!
[/b]

:banana: :clap: :banana: :clap: :banana: :clap: :banana: :clap: :banana: :clap: :banana:

(S.P.G) #3

please please make it a good movie please please please please please.

(fattakin) #4

Yer man over at Aint it cool news says the Doom movie has a lot more going for it after the comi-con showing - apparently there is an FPS scene 6 mins long with the main character going beserk and the gun on the screen as if it was a game - sounds like a laugh. So if it turns out well and makes some ££$$ i bet the wolfy movie will go ahead

(eRRoLfLyNN) #5

I gotta be an extra in that movie, one of the cannon fodder soldats, Halt! Halt!

That scene from Doom sounds class :]