mapping for ET QW

(]UBC[ McNite) #1

Just wondering… when will we get the first versions of Radiant that will support ET QW? I started mapping when ET was already out a year, so what do u guys think that have more/longer experience with releases of games and needed mapping utilities?

If I m right ET QW is based on the Doom3 engine… so will mapping for ET QW be like doom3-mapping?

And cuz i m a ET-only-mapper I m really wondering… what are the basic differences between ET-mapping and Doom3-mapping?

(Zenix) #2

Well, the Doom 3 editor is built into the game executable. If QW’s is the same then you could start mapping straight away.

(Wils) #3

The editor for ETQW is part of the game, currently, in the same way it is for Doom 3 (although it’s been split off into a set of dlls rather than being part of the exe, unless I’m mistaken).

(EB) #4

http://www.modsonline.com/Tutorials-list-7.html <a few doom3 tutorials

(zeh) #5

]UBC[ McNite: This is all speculation on our part, but apparently, mapping for ET:QW will be pretty much the same as it is for D3, but ET:QW makes use of the megatexture technology which will enable the creation of terrains and terrain texturs in a different way, probably using procedural textures.

We will know more on quakecon. If you’re interested, I’d suggest you getting to www.doom3world.org, read the few discussion the site has on megatexture, and specially start using the D3 editor. Then keep an eye on articles coming up after quakecon.

(kat) #6

Does that mean some of the ‘interface’ stuff may get a fix? i.e. being able to use windowed mode for instance. [gently prods for information although electrodes are standing by]

(Wils) #7

What do you mean by ‘windowed mode’? I’m assuming you don’t mean r_fullscreen 0 :slight_smile:

[edit: if you meant GTK’s floating windows, we have that. Ours also snap into position a bit like winamp’s docking windows, and they’re independant of the main application window so if you have two monitors you can maximise that to one and have some floaters on the other (hrhr).]

(kat) #8

Sorry yeah, I mean’t ‘floaters’ not r_fullscreen (damn those cvars.!).
I’m wibbling now based on what you’ve described… can’t stand the locked 4 view grid setup ;o) (me needs me big camera window)