[et:qw]: permanent XP exploit in BF2

(nUllSkillZ) #1

Hi,

as far as I remember ET:QW will hold the XP permanent.
BF2 also holds the XP of a player permanent.

On a wesite for BF2 I found the following:
If groups of players work together it’s possible to get very fast high XP points.
They kill, revive, kill, revive, throw ammo packs, kill, revive, kill, revive and so on.

I think it’s a terrible exploit.
Not sure how to prevent this.

(sodah) #2

Mayby if you gain less exp everytime you kill that guy in a, let’s say 5 min interval.

(nUllSkillZ) #3

But theoretically it’s possible to get in combat with the same enemy player in very short times.

(Hewster) #4

I remember considering this problem a few years ago when I was thinking of implementing a “confidence meter” within WildWest,
My conclusion was that you should have a server setting that only allows players with a certain “skill” level to play (or not
as the case may be)
© Hewster 2003 lol

Hewster

(Ragnar_40k) #5

I guess the guid-age thingy was a try to implement something like this (apart from preventing the instant reconnet of kicked players).

(Fusen) #6

hmm havn’t read into et:qw much so what do you mean when you say it holds the xp permantly :confused:

(Sauron|EFG) #7

Yes. :frowning:

(We don’t know if there will be skill upgrades though.)

(nUllSkillZ) #8

I thought I’ve read this here in the forums or in one of the “previews”.
But it’s also at the et:qw homepage:
http://www.enemyterritory.com/
And then press story:

persistent character promotion,

(Ragnar_40k) #9

Bah, in WET XP is persistant too (over a canmpaign).

(BrainPr0n) #10

I think the W:ET way is a better system. The gameplay is based on the points someone earned today and not the points they farmed yesterday.

I hope they at least come up with a system so that say one knife kill earns you one point, then you need two more knife kills to get the next point, then four, and etc. That should help with the point farming.

(nUllSkillZ) #11

I’ve seen a similar exploit on an ET-Pub XP-save server:
A covertops throwed his satchel.
A teammate (engineer) defused this satchel and got points for this action.
:eek2:

(forty) #12

I’ve seen a similar exploit on an ET-Pub XP-save server:
A covertops throwed his satchel.
A teammate (engineer) defused this satchel and got points for this action.

Thanks for pointing that out. I’ve made sure it won’t happen anymore in the next release.

(DWM|Commando) #13

heres an example of it in BF2, except the person gettin killed dosnt want ot get killed, and eventually gives up trying to resist and eventually leaves the server. Its pretty gay, considering it was a friend of mine.
http://www.gigashare.com/files/embed/748915217.html?vsize=800