ERROR: PicoLoadModel...

(U.S.S. Speed) #1

ERROR: PicoLoadModel: Failed loading model models\mapobjects\ctf_vdl\acid_console.md3

But my model is there.
And Radiant load it correctly.

Really not my week… :frowning:

(ydnar) #2

Make sure the misc_model “model” key uses / slashes and not \ slashes.

y

(U.S.S. Speed) #3

Oh! Seam to work now. Thanks. Weird…

Should be not really complexe to add a few line of code to switch one \ to an /…

(onu) #4

The different file systems Quake III Arena could concievably be installed on complicate that process.

As I’m sure you’ve noticed forwardslashes are converted to backslashes when they preceed a command in the console.

(Grand Nagus) #5

When coding, a backslash indicates that you want to use an escape code or concantinate the contents of a variable and a string. For instance,

trap_SendServerCommand( ent->client->ps.clientNum, va( "changemusic “%s”
", ent->client->cmusic ) );

will add the contents of what’s stored in ‘ent->client->cmusic’ into the string constant following ‘changemusic’ (using ‘%s’) and then follow it up with a carriage return (’
'). So in the console, it would look like this:

changemusic “music/mymod/mymusic.wav”

I don’t think the ability to use backslashes in a file path could be easily coded into the game. Or, at least, I know I can’t do it (me still very noob coder). :smiley:

(ydnar) #6

Quake 3 file paths are non-rooted UNIX paths. Not DOS paths. Use of anything other than a valid /-seperated path is invalid.

Speed is using Q3Map2 on an OS X box, which has BSD underneath the candy. It only understands UNIX-style paths.

y

(U.S.S. Speed) #7

You can use the character index of the bad backslash and change it to a good one.

When Q3Map2 store the different path, every character is store…

By example the bad backslash in the memory is 5C and the good one is 2F

You could easily make a few line of code that check every path to see if the bad Hex code is enter and replace it with the good one. Only by using their hex code.

It’s probably what they did with Q3Map1? I mean, while Q3Map2 was going berzeck, Q3Map1 was still about to work. They probably have a “bad backslash correction code”.