pak0.pk3 problems - PLEASE HELP!

(Northerner) #1

just in the past week i have started getting this error sometimes when joining certain servers! i have the 260 patch installed and also have the patch selector installed.

i can go into either an etpro or shrub server and get the following error

Couldn’t reopen C:\Program Files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\etmain\pak0.pk3

sometimes i can just quit and goto another server and go in and sometimes it still wont work. i have deleted out the etpro or shrub folder and that sometimes works to help get into the server, and other times it dont! im just totally confused on whats causing this!

i just did a fresh install of ET also, and still getting the same thing!

any ideas what is the cause of this?

(Ragnar_40k) #2

Delete some unused .pk3 files (the smaller ones usually only contain campaign files). You should keep mp_bin.pk3, pak0.pk3, pak1.pk3 and pak2.pk3.

(Northerner) #3

i did delete out a LOT of small pk3 files like campaigns and it seems to be working better. hopefully that was the problem?

(SCDS_reyalP) #4

Very likely.

(Ragnar_40k) #5

I had this once in a while. Usually it says that it can’t open a pk3 file like pak0.pk3 or one of the etpro.pk3s. There seems to be some kind of file limit.

(DWM|Commando) #6

i had that problem on 4 diff installs of et. and all of the mhad well over 200 pk3’s after reinstalling it was fine… a good reinstall never hurts :slight_smile: