Enemy Territory: Quake Wars!!!!

(mono) #1

I’m thrilled as all get out at the prospect of a strategic shooter, based on the Quake universe and put together by SD. That lone screenshot on Shacknews looks absolutely fantastic. Anxious th hear about this “MEGATEXTURING” as the textures looked pretty sweet.

I trolled this board some time in the last few months looking for a leak about RtCW2. I can’t express how happy I am to hear that SD was able to take their fantastic gameplay philosophies and move them over to a fresh property. I still think the Quake universe is fresh, because as we all know, the original Quake, Q2, and Q3 were fantastic shooters, but had little fleshing out of plot and gameworld.

I’d guess Gray Matter is in charge of RtCW2, and glad to hear it, because ET: QW looks hot indeed.

Kudos, can’t wait for more info. :drink:

(MindTrigger) #2

I have to agree. I’ve been waiting for a large outdoor game to come out that has the great look and feel of a modern high end shooter. If this game is done right, I might finally have found a game I can latch on to for a couple years. It’s been like 3 years since I played anything online worth putting all my effort in to.

(eva05) #3

I am amped out of my mind for this game. Halo and Halo 2 did nothing but disappoint in the level design, game design and art direction departments…

This game looks like it’s got art direction nailed. Tangible objective based missions put it head and shoulders above standard domination type games (so bored to death of those).

After seeing it I sort of lost interest in BF2 ^O^

There’s really only one request I have. Please, please, please be able to aim the rifles by bringing up the sight picture ala Joint Ops or BF2.

I love RTCW and ET but the Counter Strike style of aiming is so dated now.

j

(S.P.G) #4

Dated, dated he says are Heinz beans dated, is FPS dated, leave the method of aiming alone SD its all about gameplay. Not life like realism everyone seems to think (or am i the only one)

(eq-Shrike) #5

I still think that QW;ET is just a big empty media con … we all know SD are furiously working on ‘Codename Rainbow Ponies’ …

The truth is somewhere out there … Kent tbh

(MadBloke) #6

What a great game, can’t wait, looks just like the sort of game i love, ET + vehicles to use.

Btw all Come chat @ #etwars #quakewars #et.quakewars

“Im like a puppy with two dicks”
I hope this is not going to be one of these new pay to play games :frowning:

(eva05) #7

Heniz beans are dated.

FPS games keep evolving.

In the original Doom, the game auto aimed for you at any enemy on a different plane than you.

Marathon introduced up and down aiming.

The DF games introduced aiming with all weapons…

Aiming is natural evolution of game play in more sophisticated environments

:slight_smile:

Aiming doesn’t have to be super realistic, ie stop, aim, fire. I find it improves my shootifying experience. Even BF2 has it and that game is anything but realistic :slight_smile:

Love and peace and bullets

:banana:

j

(DarkangelUK) #8

You’re kinda milking that thing to death now :confused:

(Sauron|EFG) #9

He’s milking the ponies? Eeew…

(carnage) #10

ive read so many of these threads ime considering making a ET ponies mod just to try and end them all

(Salteh) #11

ET2 Mod?
I’m in! :slight_smile:
We’ll just have to remove vehicles, add rideable ponies :o

(Nail) #12

and tapirs, can’t forget the tapirs

(carnage) #13

actulay i was thinking of getting a ponie moddle online and swaping it with the axis players, maby even a new pink skin?

(Enforcer) #14

i wanna know where you got GM is doing RTCW2!!

(TFate) #15

It’s pure speculation.

(mono) #16

I have the GM dev info on very reliable 4th party information! :wink:

(Mr_Tickles) #17

lol, you said it was 3rd party in another thread… how reliable is all this? :stuck_out_tongue: