Some questions about MP and SP mode.

(Th0mas86) #1

I just saw the few screenshots that are out, and I also saw the new trailer. The game looked great, so now im looking forward to 2006, but I have some questions that I would like som answers to.

1. Will this game have pretty much the same gameplay as in Battlefield or Enemy Territory? (Like one team vs another?)

2. Will this game be multiplayer ONLY, or will it have single player mode as well? I don`t care that much about a single player story mode, but I would like some COOP bots with decent AI. I know that most players out there are multiplayer gamers, but I think single player gamers should be able to enjoy games like these to. Like they did in Battlefield (even if the AI is crap) and the Unreal Tournament series.

If not the forum community have the answers, I sure hope that the developers can help me out on this one. :wink:

Greetings from Norway!

(TFate) #2

From what I’ve seen so far there is no SP.

(Nail) #3

no bots either

(eva05) #4

I hate to complain but I really wish someone would make a good SP game.

We jsut got Half Life 2 and that’s been the best I’ve played in a while but we need stuff to hold us over to HL3 :slight_smile:

j

(Nail) #5

I have it on good authority that MLP:CE will be single player

(carnage) #6

i think ive read somewhere that games companies need a sp portion so they can publish the game and make money from it

not shure if its true though

(Th0mas86) #7

How sad :frowning: … hope that the developers can confirm this or not. Both Quake Arena, Battlfield, Unreal Tournament, Enemy Territory are online focused, but they still have very decent bots. Very good AI indeed!

(fretn) #8

Enemy territory has no bots, or are you talking about aimbots ? :stuck_out_tongue:

(Th0mas86) #9

I dont mean single player, like a campaign mode. I really dont care about a story mode, but I really would like some AI bots. Can`t any developers confirm this?

(lapa) #10

What I would really like to see is a small single-player part that is integrated in the (more important) multi-player part.

What I mean is a set of sp training missions that you can use to get a low rank in a certain class. And preferably you would HAVE to do certain training missions before you can play a certain class online, so that everybody online has at least a little clue what they are doing.

I think that would be a great and innovative addition to multiplayer games.

(Gimpsta) #11

… until someone comes up with a hack to bypass the check :stuck_out_tongue:

(BuldozerX) #12

As far as single-player support, it doesn’t appear we’ll see any Battlefield-like bots in Quake Wars - the developers seem focused on balancing the maps and classes to make the best multiplayer game possible.

Looks like the game will be multiplayer ONLY! Thats to bad that they even can`t add bots. Saddly… I think they will loose many custemors because of that. The Battlefield developers had a very interesting poll on their site almost 1 year ago. Around 30% of all users were off-line gamers.

(squadjot) #13

rtcw was a good mix…

(carnage) #14

i wouldnt reject the posibility of bots to early

look in the ET files and there are loads of things relating to bots it looks liek they didnt have time to put them in so they are porobably capable of adding bots

also batelfind bots AI wound fit this game, there sole purpose is to get flags so it basicaly consits of moving to a flag and fighing enamis on the way. With all the things mentioned about deploying structures and things the AI wound need to be compleatly differnt

also the game seems to involve sum kind of deployable comand post judging from vid so
bot could run of comands given there

and with sutch low number of players poible would it be posible to make up for it with extra bot players?

(lapa) #15

… until someone comes up with a hack to bypass the check :P[/quote]

I thought of that too, but the kind of person who goes out of their way to create or even just find and download such a bypass is almost by definition not the complete newbie i’m talking about.
And besides the fact that a small minority might bypass the training requirement with a hack: for me it would add a lot of fun and depth to have to do some training before your character can do something in the real battles online. And it would make me feel more confident that i’m of benefit to the team than just my year and a half of Wolf ET experience would give. (I started playing Wolf ET with 1vs1 games with a friend, just to get to know the maps, weapons and classes, which is sort of the same thing but you don’t always have that opportunity)

(chr0nicles) #16

(I started playing Wolf ET with 1vs1 games with a friend, just to get to know the maps, weapons and classes, which is sort of the same thing but you don’t always have that opportunity)

I always do exactly the same, learning the game before i participate online :clap:

(Nail) #17

ET was made with bot references for SP, the actual bots available are 3rd party, will prolly be the same for etqw