[POLL] INDOOR - OUTDOOR

(killmachine) #1

hi … im quite new here, my first post was for et - qw, it just blowed my mind when i saw the first shot and read what it is about …

anyways, i was reading from several people that they would like to see some maps without vehicles and some indoor only (small outdoor) maps, me included …

so i thought, just put a poll out there so SD will create a game that will be satisfying for both indoor and outdoor, vehicle and nonvehicle lovers …

hmm … it was quite difficult for me to add the poll options and im not sure everyone is satisfied by that, so, just vote what u think and post ur opinion …

(Ragnar_40k) #2

I hope they will add bayonets to some weapons (and not only knifes as sidearm).

(bani) #3

strategic outdoor games with vehicles can be done right, see tribes2.
(if only it werent so freaking crashy I might still be playing it now :))

(SoulRebel) #4

i prefer indoor levels but i voted for " trust SD they will create a great game" :slight_smile:

(Fusen) #5

enough with the tribes2 priases!

(DarkangelUK) #6

I hope there’s a mellee attack ala Halo!

(SCDS_reyalP) #7

Agree with bani, tribes2 is a good example of vehicles done right. Of couse, one of the main things that makes that work is skiing and jetpacks.

My main problem with other vehicle shooters I have played (BF and planetside) was not some much the vehicles themselves, but that the FPS combat never felt very good. I think if SD can keep the fast, responsive feel of first person movement, and retain areas that require first person comabat, it could work out very well indeed.

(ouroboro) #8

i agree. i only played the bf42 demo, after that i knew i didn’t want to buy the full game. the fighting just sucked. horrible hit detection and network code. and just bad “feel”. the physics were all wrong. or even non-existent. all i remember was everyone trying to get an airplane. nobody wanted to fight on foot because it was a joke. if a game was responsive, like wolf, and had that aspect as it’s focus, but used vehicles to help you get to distant locations quicker, or perhaps get a birds-eye view of the battlefield - sortof a more epic environment, where there can be battles won on one front but lost on another, and it all plays off each other to form the sequence of war… vehicles could be great in a game like that.

it’d require vast maps though, and i don’t see that happening (on the scale i’m thinking of) on the d3 engine. also you’d need support for lots of players - another d3 problem.