ET: QW? RTCW 2 ?

(zidane05) #1

Is this the sequel to RTCW or just a totaly different project?

(ouroboro) #2

afaik it’s kinda sorta like q2 on the d3 engine, with lots of influence from et :slight_smile:

it’s gonna be kickass, imo, tbh :slight_smile:

(Rammage) #3

It looks like its own seperate IP. DAMN that game sounds great!!! Is it going to be a free download, also? :smiley:

(EB) #4

I highly doubt it will be free.

(Fr3aK) #5

I hope there’s another studio working on a sequel for RtCW, a WW2 game…
Though this game looks fine :slight_smile:

(Pikeman) #6

THE SAY NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS,WELL THIS NEWS IS CRAP!

I have just heard about this and all i can say is,The genuine wolfplayers are going to be let down, like freak quoted rtcw2 should be a sequel to the original rtcw game, not some human Vs alien fps, thats what halo and UT is for.

As a regular devotee to RTCW and as a member of the wolf community this news is the pits, RTCW 2 should be a sequal to rtcw not some hybrid Et/wolf Vs Alien game, but once more the wolf faithful have seem to be let down.

thanks…

!

(Salteh) #7

I’m sorry, but where did anyone say ET:QW == RTCW2? :slight_smile:

(Fusen) #8

who said this is rtcw2?

attacks salteh

(Jej3) #9

Its a new “battlefield” but not one RtCW 2 style i think.

(Freedom[]Tickler) #10

personally,

Im psyched !! I still come back to ET b/c there has been no game as fun to come out since ET, least not enduring fun ! :slight_smile:

I have faith in SD to rub the right amount of love and z0r on this game : )

Dont dally tho , waiting is sooo 2003 : )

gl guys, hope to hear n see more soon : )

(Nail) #11

ahh, it’s all a hoax, you wait, RTCW2 will be ponies and tapirs vs the world

:nod:

(bani) #12

you realize that by calling it ‘enemy territory’, everyone will expect it to be a free download :moo:

(sib-pelle) #13

I don’t wanna sound critizing, the game seems like it got ALOT of potensial. But is this RTCW2? If so, then make it a bit more for competative gaming than Enemy Territory was. However I understand if Splash Damage wants to release something for the general public, more than just suitable for the competative gaming communites. Perhaps combing these two would be a good option.

Keep up the good work. Take it easy with the tanks and stuff.

If things doesn’t work out, I suppose Bani will always be ready to make a mod huh nudge :smiley:

(Salteh) #14

I’ll ask you this…

Do you see “wolfenstein”, “castles”, “return to” in the title anywhere? :banana:

(bani) #15

doesnt matter what you or i see, everyone else will see “enemy territory” and the few braincells they have will compute that to “free” and “lots of whine”.

rtcw = $$
rtcw: enemy territory = free

therefore

enemy territory: quakeworld = free

just you watch. :moo:

(Zenix) #16

We’ll they’ve already said it’s not going to be free.

(bani) #17

doesnt matter what they say. this is the FPS community, which has the collective IQ of a turnip :slight_smile:

(Lanz) #18

The game screen I saw seems top notch, and the little I understand about the gameplay makes me exited in a childish way. But using “Enemy Territory” in the name seems like a BIG mistake.

Two scenarious that might (already have) show up:

1. As Bani said, shouldn’t this be free?
  2. Is this rtcw? Why do I play against aliens?

Besides that rock on! Looks really great!

(gerbalblaste) #19

:twak:

(mono) #20

Although unannounced as of yet (I think) I’ve got it on somewhat decent 3rd hand authority that Gray Matter is working on RtCW2.

Anyway, how the hell could RtCW2 be about Earth vs Stroggs. Nothing to worry about on that front fellas. Quake Wars is its own title with the gameplay reminiscent of ET I’d imagine.