need help with etpub

([ToC]Death) #1

i put +set fs_game etpub in the command line, but in the console it says the gamename is etmain. note that i keep three different mods in my et folder, and execute them when i feel like it. i hav bobot mod, omnibot mod, shrubet, and etpub. I put server.cfg, punkbuster.cfg, shrubbot.cfg, campaigncycle.cfg, objectivecycle.cfg, lmscycle.cfg, and stopwatchcycle.cfg in my etpro 0.4.1 folder. the server.cfg is configured fully for etpub (except for sum bitflag #'s). what am i doing wrong here? by the way, i tried asking this question on etpubs forums and didnt get any help, only 1 response.

(Floris) #2

lol… etpro 0.4.1 : are you sure you copied the qagame for the etpub package into the etpub directory?

(Zaedyn) #3

Is this on linux or windows?

([ToC]Death) #4

umm… the qagame_mp_x86.dll already came with etpro 0.4.1 when i unzipped it into my etpub folder. in my command line, there is: +set fs_game etpub (note that that the folder etpub with all the stuff in it is in the directory where my game is pointing at) +set dedicated 2 +exec server.cfg +set fs_homepath [ToC]. it said sumthing on etpubs website about making a .cfg just for etpub. is this the default.cfg i find in the Examples? and i run windows, and for reference (if needed) i run my server on win98 2nd version, pentium 2. i play on the server on my much better pc.

(Zaedyn) #5

He’s asking if you copied into the right directory because you keep saying etpro. Did you name a directory etpro or something? I’m guessing those are just typos and you meant etpub.

I’ve never tested etpub on Win98, has anyone else?

What is the fs_homepath setting for?

Have you tried just: etded +set fs_game etpub with nothing else, and then done fs_game from the console to see what you get? If fs_game isn’t etpub at that point, something is wrong.

Try opening a command prompt (Start->Run, type command, hit enter). Then change to your ET directory (cd c:\program files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory, something like that). Then just do etded +set fs_game etpub (assuming you’ve installed 2.60, if not, do et +set fs_game etpub +set dedicated 2). Then do the fs_game test from the consolel.

([ToC]Death) #6

oops meant etpub lol, and i fixed the problem (had to copy qagame_mp_x86.dll into etpub) it was in win 32 and it was hidden. now my problem is that i cant get shrubbot to work.i cant get shrubbot enabled. i do hav shrubbot and server.cfg in my etpub folder and g_shrubbot “shrubbot.cfg” in my server.cfg. i already set the flags for 10 admin levels. and in the console it says that shrubbot isnt on, and default for g_shrubbot is “”.

(Zaedyn) #7

Try setting g_shrubbot from the console and then typing readconfig and see what happens.

([ToC]Death) #8

nvm, its working afterall lol. on etpub, i guess, it doesnt hav the Shrubbot - Enabled thing. i saw on the consol this: readconfig: loaded 11 levels, 1 admins, 0 bans.

(Zaedyn) #9

Good good.

(Wang) #10

Is there an install read me out there on how to install Omnibot with etpub?

I am using a remote windows server! Any help would be nice TIA!!

(tjw) #11

The omnibot 0.51 win32 installer includes an etpub version.

http://www.omni-bot.de/e107/download.php?list.2