Alpine Assault WIP

(Detoeni) #1

Good Day Folks,

After many mouths of hard slog, toil and trouble, I have got my new map, Alpine Assault, to the stage where I can show you all what I have been up to. There is still work to be done in some areas, so the screen shots are limited to the outside areas for the time being, there will be more screenshots to follow, once I get a bit closer to completion. I have written an article detailing the game objectives and map layout (including command map). I have also included details on the maps construction that may be of interest to you mapping types. This and more screenshots can be found on the Alpine Assault pre-view page which is here.

I would be interested in any feed back you have about the layout, objectives or style of this map.
I am still a little undecided about spawn times, I am looking for quite a fast paced match, so I did not want them to long, I was thinking along the lines of Allies 10 Axis 20-25.
Anyway let us know what you think.
:smiley:
Dt

(capslock trojan) #2

omg that look awesome i really like that sherman :o

(Ifurita) #3

\o/, nice work

(TFate) #4

Hey, this map looks really nice. I’m glad to see it looks very “ET-ish” if you know what I mean. The terrain looks nice as well – I admire anyone who can create a good terrain. I have an oddly high appreciation for terrain. :slight_smile:

(Brevik) #5

Looks fantastic, especially the terrain - I’m with TFate on that one, anyone who can build natural looking terrain has my admiration too.

I can’t wait to play it.

Maps like this really are inspirational for the rest of us mappers (especially new guys like me), a kind of creative “kick up the backside” that gets us looking at how to go the extra mile with our own maps.

(DG) #6

6-8 a side, double-doc runs, low respawn times, designed suitabiity for .scripts…

/likes.

(Detoeni) #7

Thanks Folks,
:slight_smile:
With the script customising all entities will be adjustable (this includes things like clipping and effects). As well as the comments/instruction in the script file I will also be adding a page on my site going into a bit more detail on how to set this side of things up. This map has a very simple script (apart from the train) so it should be quite easy for non-mapper to work with(unlike Bergen which even I had problems with :eek: ).

(Jaquboss) #8

I wonder how variable will that be , mostly maps havent much entities with scriptname , BTW: missing coronas?

(MrLego) #9

Another great looking map Detoeni.

:drink:

(G0-Gerbil) #10

Ah I go away for ages and this is what I miss - glad I’m back mapping again :slight_smile: