baconET v2.0.2

(Shanks) #1

I will be a releasing an updated version of baconET in a few days. Until then you can view these screenshots of some of it’s new features! The last two are just so basic examples of what you can do with the editable HUD.

The new bar model with an allied tripmine.

A signal bouncing around (b_grenade was set to 9).

The overheat bar has been moved and shrunk.

The ammo count has been moved.

(Chruker) #2

I could imagine people being annoyed by the fact that the overheat bar and ammo count take up that much space. For total freedom you could have and x, y, rgba cvars.

BTW any hints to other modders on how you made the punkbuster-switching-on-during-intermission thing? Perhaps consider making it available to the modding community?

(jet Pilot) #3

Looks nice, bacon!
Your customizable HUD - is it cvar controlled?
if so, is it an x and y value for each? I’m curious about it, as i dont want to hard-code the positions in,
and a ton of new cvars just seems messy to code

(Shanks) #4

The HUD is controlled by an external client-side file. It loads a default hud file then you can have it load any other HUD files afterwards. You can even edit a hud file on the fly then load it.
It relies on x, y positions and some elements have additional params (i.e. health/stamina bars have size and angle).
I plan on posting the code for it shortly after I release this version.

@Chruker: Those were just to demonstrate what can be done with the HUD…
I’ll also probably post the PB code sometime soon too.

(Azyu) #5

BTW any hints to other modders on how you made the punkbuster-switching-on-during-intermission thing? Perhaps consider making it available to the modding community?

It’s my opinion, ‘punkbuster-switching-on-during-intermission’

• If entering intermission time, execute server command ‘pb_sv_enable’
  • If quitting intermission time, execute server command ‘pb_sv_disable’ & ‘pb_sv_Restart’

(Shanks) #6

The update has been released.

Additions

[ul]
[li]Commander class gets three new weapons: Browning Rifle, Tripmines and Signals.
[/li][li]Added headshot hitsounds (cvar: cb_hitsounds).
[/li][li]Admins can specify mover scale (cvar: b_moverScale).
[/li][li]Editable HUD.
[/li][/ul]

Fixes

[ul]
[li]Fixed teamkill messages.
[/li][li]g_heavyWeaponRestriction now limits all heavy weapons (including rifle grenades).
[/li][li]Movers now explode all landmines they run over.
[/li][li]Fixed the HUD.
[/li][li]Players can now be kicked on servers running version 2.60.
[/li][/ul]

Download
More information is available at the baconET Forums

(LION) #7

has to be
http://s4.invisionfree.com/baconet

(Shanks) #8

Yeah…I’m really bad at linking to the forums :smiley:

([DS]-=Pencil=-) #9

A Mirror from RTCW-Prison: http://rtcw-prison.planet-multiplayer.de/prison/downloads.php?release_id=148

Hope I Helped

:slight_smile: