FIX: Setup could not locate a valid installation of...

(tjw) #1

ET_Patch_2_60.exe will error out if you lack a registry setting that is created by the full ET installation. If you create the following registry key, the patch will run and you can select the path where ET is installed:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Activision\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory]
"InstallPath"=""

You can save this text as a .reg file and double click it to add it to your registry.

(Loffy) #2

it works. thx!

(Salteh) #3

I’ll have to request a magic sticky_thread_stick_thing for this one, thanks!
:banana:

(FstFngrz) #4

It worked…thnks

:skull:

(Killgar) #5

I can’t get it to work, I get an error message saying:

Cannot import “file name” : the specific file is not a registry script.
You can only import a binary registry file from within the registry editor.

Dunno if I’m doing it right I’ve only imported pre-made .reg files and edited keys in regedit before. Do I copy and paste all of the text? Can I paste it into any text editor and save it as a .reg? Does it matter what I name the file?

(Sauron|EFG) #6

Just name it anything.reg (make sure Notepad doesn’t name it “anything.reg.txt”) and then double-click it.

(Depth_Charge) #7

Remember to include this:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 

(Miki) #8

Doesn’t work for me on windows 7 machine :frowning:

(stealth6) #9

what doesn’t work?
2.60 patch worked fine for me on win 7

(sosA) #10

Someone here can help me out on this one? I post this for a member of mine and i try to fix it for him through teamviewer. but even after creating the .reg and adding this to registry it still gives him the msg that the patch needs a installed version of ET before patching (he has it).
It is really a annoying not to know whats the problem. He is running Vista btw. Never tried to do this on Vista so dont know if its allot different than fixing it on XP/ Win7

(schnoog) #11

Try this installation package: http://www.wolffiles.de/index.php?filebase&fid=4386

It`s a full-installer made by Harlekin. So now sorrows about missing etkey later on.